- McDonald's "Super Sizing" started as a Jurassic Park merchandising tie-in.
- Before they reached international stardom, The Beatles auditioned for Decca Records, who rejected them saying they had "no future in show business."
- An investor in the initial public offering of Microsoft would have seen a return of 30,207%
- Before becoming an iconic thriller, Stephen King's first novel "Carrie" was rejected by 30 publishers, causing him to give up and throw it in the trash. His wife retrieved it and urged him to resubmit it.
- The first time comedian Jerry Seinfeld walked on stage at a comedy club he froze and was booed off stage.
- Humans don't understand competitive behavior until around the age of four.
- Writers are 121% more likely to suffer from bipolar disorder than those working in uncreative fields.