- Stealing someone else's idea without realizing you've done so is called "kleptomnesia."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, James Joyce, Virginia Woolf, Bela Lugosi and Igor Stravinsky were all born in the same year: 1882.
- Afghanistan has been invaded by Greek, Arab, Mongol, Mughal, Persian, British, Sikh and Soviet forces. No invader has been able to control all of its regions at the same time.
- Plato was originally called Aristocles.
- Upon opening his crypt in 2017, Salvador Dalí's famous moustache remained in a perfect state after 28 years.
- The word "Afghanistanism", which means focusing on problems in distant parts of the world while ignoring local issues, was first used in 1948.
- Charles Darwin was the first to put wheels on an office chair, creating the modern office chair.