- There are five debt-free countries in the world: Macau, the British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Liechtenstein and Pala.
- In 2013, white was the world's most popular car color.
- Pink Floyd, the iconic rock band, was originally called Screaming Abdabs.
- Elizabeth Taylor arrived late for her own funeral. The film star left instructions requesting that her coffin should arrive 15 minutes late.
- Humans have caused 322 animal extinctions over the past 500 years.
- Hunter-gatherers have far more leisure time than farmers do, and more still than modern people in the industrialized world.
- When David Bowie died his ashes were scattered in Bali in accordance with Buddhist ritual.