- At the 1932 Olympics, the 3,000-metre steeplechase was run over 3,460 metres because an official lost count of the number of laps.
- Even after extinction, the Dodo is still the national animal of Mauritius.
- After a meal, a Burmese python's heart grows by 40%.
- Drinking wine before a meal makes you eat 25% more.
- A coal-fired power station puts 100 times more radiation into the air than a nuclear power plant producing the same amount of energy.
- The FBI started compiling a file on Sacha Baron Cohen while he was filming 'Borat' after receiving numerous complaints about a strange man travelling around the country in an ice cream truck.
- In 1932, Thomas Earl, a zookeeper at the Cleveland Brookside Zoo, was fired from his job, then mauled by a brown bear and mistakenly shot by police.