- Florida was the first part of the continental U.S. to be visited by Europeans. Spanish conquistador Juan Ponce de Leon gave it its name, meaning "flowery land."
- Florida is the 3rd most populous state in the U.S.
- Jacksonville is the most populous city in Florida and the largest city by area in the contiguous U.S.
- In Florida, it's against the law for a person to appear in public clothed in liquid latex.
- A 13-year old boy in Florida was once arrested for excessive farting in school.
- In 2009, an accused Florida man said his cat downloaded child porn, not him.
- You can legally smash a car window to save pets from overheating in Florida.
- Contrary to popular belief, Kansas is not the flattest state in the U.S. Florida is.
- Florida has 131 public airports.
- Florida has the largest collection of Art Deco and Streamline Moderne buildings in the world.
- In Florida, executions are carried out by a private citizen who is paid $150 per execution.
- Shark attacks are more common in Florida then voter fraud.
- You have to be a retired letter carrier to live in Nalcrest, Florida. Ironically, the town does not have mail delivery service.