- of Russia is made up of Siberia.
- Each Russian consumes 18 litres (4.8 US gal) of alcohol per year, doubling what experts consider dangerous.
- In Russia there are 9 million more Women than men.
- There are over
500,000 alcohol-related deaths in Russia each year.
- In Russia
- it's now Illegal
- to tell kids
- Gay People Exist.
- A russian woman in the 1700s gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, 7 sets of triplets and 4 sets of quadruplets in just 40 years with the same man.
- In 1908 the Imperial Russian Olympic Team arrived in London 12 days too late for the games because they were not using the Gregorian calendar yet.
- The U.S. purchased Alaska from Russia for just US$7.2 million in 1867.
- Stalin didn't start learning Russian until he was 8. His mother tongue was Georgian.
- The oldest plant ever to be regenerated has been grown in Russia from 32,000-year-old seeds.
- Japan and Russia still
haven't signed a peace treaty to end World War II due to the
Kuril Islands dispute.
- Gorbachev recorded an album of Russian romantic ballads in 2009.
- Beer was not considered an alcoholic beverage in Russia until 2013.
- Foxes are domesticated like dogs by Russian scientists since 1959.
- There was a "Beard Tax" in Russia, during Peter the Great's Reign, paid by anyone who had a beard.
- There's a museum in Russia that hires cats to protect its artworks against rodents.
- The word “vodka” comes from the Russian word “voda” that means “water”.
- Lake Karachay in Russia is the most radioactive and polluted lake in the world.
- 25% Russians die before reaching the age of 55, compared to just 1% in the U.S., and Vodka is to blame.
- It is a criminal offence to drive around in a dirty car in Russia.
- It is believed Russia has at least 15 secret cities with their names, and locations unknown.
- A third of all Russians believe the Sun revolves around the Earth.
- Wealthy Russians hire fake ambulances to beat Moscow's traffic.
- In Russia, during times of economic disparity or high inflation, teachers can be paid in Vodka.
- 20% of the world's unfrozen fresh water is in a single lake: Russia's Lake Baikal.
- The first Russian child to receive the vaccine against smallpox was called "Vaccinov," given a pension and observed all his life.
- The Russian mayor of Megion, west Siberia,
- banned excuses.
- Russia's notorious murderer Vladimir Nikolayev ate some of his victim's body, then gave the rest of the meat to a friend, whose wife served it to his family thinking it was a kangaroo.
- Apple Is Worth More Than The Entire Russian Stock Market.
- Russia has over 8400 nuclear weapons, more than any other country.
- In Canada, Mexico, India, Russia and Israel, bank notes have Braille-like markings on them for the blind.
- In 1600, a volcano eruption in Peru caused a famine that killed about 2 million people in Russia.
- Of all the countries that celebrate an independence day, 58 are independent of the UK, 26 of France, 21 of Russia and 21 of Spain.
- Homosexuality and abortion were decriminalised in Russia under Lenin's leadership.
is bigger than
Russia & America
are less than
4 km apart at the