- of Russia is made up of Siberia.
- In Russia
- it's now Illegal
- to tell kids
- Gay People Exist.
- A russian woman in the 1700s gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, 7 sets of triplets and 4 sets of quadruplets in just 40 years with the same man.
- Stalin didn't start learning Russian until he was 8. His mother tongue was Georgian.
- The oldest plant ever to be regenerated has been grown in Russia from 32,000-year-old seeds.
- Japan and Russia still
haven't signed a peace treaty to end World War II due to the
Kuril Islands dispute.
- Gorbachev recorded an album of Russian romantic ballads in 2009.
- There was a "Beard Tax" in Russia, during Peter the Great's Reign, paid by anyone who had a beard.
- Lake Karachay in Russia is the most radioactive and polluted lake in the world.
- 25% Russians die before reaching the age of 55, compared to just 1% in the U.S., and Vodka is to blame.
- It is a criminal offence to drive around in a dirty car in Russia.
- It is believed Russia has at least 15 secret cities with their names, and locations unknown.
- Wealthy Russians hire fake ambulances to beat Moscow's traffic.
- In Russia, during times of economic disparity or high inflation, teachers can be paid in Vodka.
- The Russian mayor of Megion, west Siberia,
- banned excuses.
- Russia's notorious murderer Vladimir Nikolayev ate some of his victim's body, then gave the rest of the meat to a friend, whose wife served it to his family thinking it was a kangaroo.
- Russia has over 8400 nuclear weapons, more than any other country.
- of Russians regret the collapse of the Soviet Union, a 2016 survey found.
- The motto of Russia's nuclear strike missile force is: "After us, it is silence."
- In Russia, there's a "Temple of all Religions" which serves as a peaceful combination of different cultures.
- Kindergarteners in Siberia run outside in their underwears and dump freezing water over themselves to strengthen their immune systems.
- Before Joseph Stalin ruled Russia, he organized bank robberies to fund the communist cause.
- The dialling code for Russia is 007.
- Over 200 people have claimed to descend from the Romanovs, the family of the last Tsar of Russia. However, irrefutable DNA evidence shows that all children perished with their parents at the hands of Bolsheviks.
- Moscow's Red Square's name has nothing to do with communism or with the color of many of its buildings. It derives from the word 'krasnyi', which once meant 'beautiful.'