- In the U.S., the apples sold at stores can be up to a year old.
- A strawberry isn't an actual berry, but a banana is.
- Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.
- Apples, peaches and raspberries are all members of the rose family.
- Oranges are not even in the top ten list of common foods when it comes to vitamin C levels.
- The World's Most Popular Fruit is the TOMATO.
- Coffee beans aren't beans. They are fruit pits.
- Square Watermelons are grown by japanese farmers for easier stack and store.
- Cucumbers are fruits.
- The color Orange is named after the Orange fruit, but before that, it was called geoluread (yellow-red).
- is the study of fruits.
- The Coco de Mer palm tree has the earth's largest fruit, weighing 42 kg (92 lb), and seeds weighing 17 kg (37 lb).
- There is a tree called Fruit Salad Tree that sprouts 3 to 7 different fruits in the same tree.
- Vegetables and fruits don't die
the moment they are harvested.
- They respond to their
environment for days.
- Tomatoes have more genes than humans.
- Humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas.
- The pineapple is actually a berry.
- Strawberries have more vitamin C than oranges.
- After eating "miracle fruit," very sour foods will taste sweet for one or two hours.
while taking medication
can cause instant
overdose and death.