- Headless cockroaches are capable of living for weeks. They die from starvation.
- Cockroaches have their own Neighborhoods.
- Cockroaches get lonely and even become ill if they are left alone for too long.
- There is a newly found cockroach species in the U.S. that can survive freezing temperatures.
- A group of cockroaches is called an intrusion.
- Cockroaches shed their skin.
- Cockroaches are among the world's fartiest species.
- Cockroaches can make group decisions. When 50 cockroaches are presented with 3 shelters that can only house 40, they'll split evenly into two groups and leave one shelter empty.
- Catnip is a natural cockroach repellent.
- Cockroaches can run on two legs, and that they can reach speeds of almost 5 feet per second.
- Cockroaches have a much higher radiation resistance than vertebrates, with the lethal dose perhaps 6 to 15 times that for humans.
- Cockroaches have distinct personalities, a study found.
- Only about 30 cockroach species out of 4,600 are associated with human habitats.