- Zebras are actually black, with white stripes.
- A group of zebras is called a "dazzle".
- Zebras are responsible for more injuries to U.S. zookeepers than any other animal.
- If a zebra is attacked, its family will come to its defense circling the wounded zebra and attempting to drive off predators.
- Ostriches and zebras often live together to protect each other from predators. The ostrich can see better and the zebra can hear or smell danger better.
- Two zebras died of hunger in a zoo in Palestine and were replaced with donkeys painted with black and white stripes.
- Although some individual zebras have been domesticated, most cannot. They are unpredictable and known to attack people.
- Scientists can identify individual zebras by "scanning" their stripes like a barcode.