- of the world's population is left-handed.
- of schizophrenics are left-handed, despite being only 10% of the world's population.
- Every August 13th
- is celebrated
- "Left-Handers Day"
- since 1996.
- There are more left-handed people with IQs over 140 than right-handed people, a study found.
- Premature babies are more likely to be left-handed, many studies suggest.
- Homosexuals are
- more likely to be
- Left-handed soldiers prepare and throw grenades upside down because of how the safety pin is placed.
- Inherited genes account for just 25% of the chance of being left-handed, a study found.
- Left-handed people are affected by post-traumatic stress far more than those who are right-handed, a research revealed.
- Left-handed people earn up to 12% less than right-handed people, a study found.
- Left-handed people process things faster than righties while playing computer games or sports.
- Left-handed people process multiple stimuli faster than righties.
- Left-handed people have an increased cognitive flexibility, switching quickly between thinking about two concepts.
- About 17% of twins are left-handed. This compares to about 10% in the non-twin population.
- Kangaroos are almost always left-handed.
- A study found that right-handed individuals have better oral hygiene and the lower incidence of caries because of their better manual dexterity and brush efficiency.