- Over 5,000 climbers have successfully reached Mount Everest's peak, including a 13-year-old, a blind person, and a 73-year-old woman.
- Mount Everest has about
200 dead bodies on it, which are now landmarks on the way to the top.
- In 2013, Yuichiro Miura, an 80-year-old Japanese, became the oldest person to make it to the top of Mount Everest and down.
- Mount Everest is littered with not just the corpses of climbers but an estimated 50 tons of waste, making it world's dirtiest mountain.
- Historically, for every 100 climbers who have made it to the summit of Mount Everest, 4 have died.
- Climbing the Mount Everest costs around US$65,000.
- at the top of Mt. Everest is 71 °C (160 °F).
- A man rode his bike from Sweden to Mount Everest and then tried to summit. He turned around 300 feet from the top.
- The Mount Everest grows 0.1576 inches (4mm) each year.
- Mount Everest is pronounced "Eve-rest", not "Ever-est", as it is named after George Everest.
- In 2005, a Nepalese couple became the first to marry on top of Mount Everest.
- Peter Hillary, Sir Edmund Hillary's
son, climbed Mount Everest in 1990
- making the pair the first
father and son to do so.
- The fastest ascent from base camp to the summit of Mount Everest took just 8 hours and 10 minutes.
- Mount Everest's summit temperature roughly fluctuates between -20° C (-4° F) during summer and -35° C (-31° F) .
- For the first time since 1974, nobody climbed to the top of Mount Everest in 2015.