- Humans have been hunter-gatherers for 99% of their history.
- Humans are 50% heavier and four inches taller in the past 100 years than they have been throughout most of human history.
- In 5,000 years of human history, only one disease has been eradicated: smallpox.
- Leif Erikson is regarded as the first European to land in North America, nearly 500 years before Columbus.
- We Are Living In The Most Peaceful Time In Human History.
- WW1 was the sixth deadliest conflict in world history.
- The Afghan War is the longest war in U.S. history.
- Napoleon wasn't short. He was actually above the average Frenchman.
- The eruption of Krakatoa in 1883 was the loudest sound in recorded history, heard 3,000 miles (4800 KM) away.
- Armageddon (Har Megiddo) has already been the site of several historical battles, the last in 1918.
- The pyramids were built by paid laborers. Not slaves. That's a myth by Herodotus, the Greek historian.
- Mexican General Santa Anna had an elaborate state funeral for his amputated leg.
- Ice Age Britons used human skulls as cups.
- The first car accident occurred in 1891, in Ohio.
- Ancient Greek democracy, the world's first, lasted for only 185 years.
- The Catholic Church once put a dead Pope on trial.
- Of the past 3,400 years, humans have been entirely at peace for 268 of them, or just 8% of recorded history.
- The Aztecs sacrificed 1% of their population every year, or about 250,000 people.
- In the 16th and 17th centuries, Europeans including royalty, priests and scientists, routinely ingested remedies containing human bones, blood and fat as medicine for everything from headaches to epilepsy.
- The Roman Empire was not the largest empire in history. It was only the 28th largest.
- Greece has been in a state of default for half its modern history as a sovereign state.
- Around 7% of all wars in history were religiously motivated.
- In the 1800s, people bought mummies and held "mummy unwrapping" parties.
- The first person in history whose name we know is "Kushim," an accountant from Mesopotamia who lived around 3200 B.C.
- Blackbeard's ship had 40 cannons on it, making it one of the most dangerous pirate ships ever.
- Cleopatra lived closer to the invention of the iPhone than she did to the building of the Great Pyramid.