- The average married couple has sex 68.5 times a year, which is slightly more than once a week.
- 1 in every 5 couples has
a sexless marriage, having less than 10 encounters a year.
- The word "bride" comes from an old proto-germanic word meaning "to cook".
- Most married couples are happiest in their third year of marriage.
- Nero, the Roman Emperor,
- married a man,
- taking the role of the bride.
- Marital infidelity was punishable with jail in South Korea until 2015.
- Couples who spend less on their wedding tend to have longer-lasting marriages.
- The longest recorded
- 91 years and 12 days.
- 69% of marriages in Ethiopia occur through abduction.
- Gamophobia is the fear of getting married or being in a relationship.
- People who get married between 28 and 32 split up least in the ensuing years, a study found.
- Adultery was Illegal in 18 U.S. States up until 2013.
- One in three newlyweds say their spouse's spending habits are different than what they expected, according to a U.S. survey.
- In 1960, 59% of American adults aged 18-29 were married. Today, only 20% are married.
- With an average cost of over US$80,000 per wedding, Manhattan is the most expensive place to get married in the U.S.
- In 38 U.S. states, more than 167,000 children —mostly girls, some as young as 12— were married from 2000 to 2010, mostly to men 18 or older.
- A Mexican couple, Octavio Guillen and Adriana Martinez, was engaged for 67 years.