- The Hawaiian alphabet has just 13 letters.
- Nearly one tourist has died every week in Hawaii, on average, from 2012 to 2015.
- In 1993, the U.S. Congress and President Clinton apologized for overthrowing the Hawaiian Kingdom in 1893 and acknowledged that the U.S. annexed Hawaii unlawfully.
- It is illegal to own a hamster in Hawaii .
- Mongooses were introduced to Hawaii in 1883 to control the invasive rat population. However, rats are nocturnal and mongooses are diurnal. Hawaii now has a problem with both.
- Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, the first President from that State.
- In 2014, Hawaii attempted to combat homelessness by providing one way tickets back to the mainland for any homeless person who wanted one.
- The most disproportionately common physical injury diagnosis in Hawaii is "arm injury."