- Germany has the
- largest population
- in the European Union.
- The cities of Aachen, Regensburg, Frankfurt-am-Main, Nuremberg, Weimar, Bonn and Berlin have all been capitals of Germany.
- Berlin is 9 times bigger than Paris and has more bridges than Venice.
- from jail because it is a basic
human instinct to be free.
- Nazi Joseph Goebbels' wife's descendants are Germany's richest family nowadays.
- The first magazine ever seen was launched in 1663 in Germany.
- In Germany, it is illegal to run out of fuel on highways.
- From 1989 to 2009, about 2,000 schools were closed in Germany because of a scarcity of children.
- Hamburgers got their name from Hamburg, Germany.
- In 2014, Germany officially abolished college tuition fees, even for international students.
- Some 5,500 WW2 bombs are discovered in Germany every year and defused, an average of 15 per day.
- Fanta originated in Germany as a result of difficulties importing Coca-Cola syrup into Nazi Germany during WW2.
- Chinese checkers was invented in Germany.
- In 1960, two of The Beatles got deported from Germany for lighting a condom on fire.
- There's a building project in Berlin, Germany, where they want to build a Christian church, a mosque and a synagogue all in one.
- Performing the Nazi salute in Germany is a criminal offence punishable by up to 3 years in prison.
- Nearly a third
- of Germany
- is powered by
- Renewable Energy.
- You can't name your child "Matti" in Germany because it doesn't indicate gender.
- of Germany's population is genetically immune to HIV.
- Because of the Chernobyl disaster, radioactive wild boars are currently roaming around Germany.
- German citizens can travel to 177 territories without a visa nor a visa given on arrival, the most in the world.
- Büsingen am Hochrhein, commonly known as Büsingen, is a German town entirely surrounded by Swiss territory.
- Migrants committed 142,500 crimes in Germany during the first six months of 2016.
- There's a brewery in Germany that's almost 1,000 years old. It has been in continuous operation since the year 1040.