- No man has been on the Moon in the last 41 years.
- The moon is moving away from us by 3.78 cm (1.48 in) a year.
- The original tapes of the Apollo 11 moon landing were erased and re-used by mistake.
- Your mobile phone has more computing power than the computers used for the Apollo 11 moon landing.
- It would take less than 6 months to get to the Moon by car at 60mph (95km/h).
- When Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on the Moon, they honored soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin by leaving behind one of his medals.
- The Moon is not round, but egg shaped.
- Of the six flags
- planted on the moon,
- five of them
- are still standing.
- If there are two full moons in the same month, the second one is called blue moon.
- Buzz Aldrin was the first man to pee on the moon.
- Buzz Aldrin's mother's maiden name was Moon.
- A 2013 survey found 7% of Americans believe the moon landing was a hoax.
- When Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon, he carried with him a piece of the Wright brothers' first airplane.
- The dark side of the Moon is actually turquoise.
- Moon landing conspiracy theories were proven wrong in 2011 when a NASA probe revealed high-resolution photos of the Apollo Moon landing sites.
- Mankind has left 96 bags of urine, feces, and vomit on the moon.
- In 1969, NASA possessed the technology to land on the moon but not the technology to fake the moon landings.
- The flag erected on the Moon during the historic Apollo 11 landing was purchased at a local Sears store for US$5.50.
- Moondust smells like gunpowder, according to astronauts.
- Scientists estimate that the moon's width has shrunk by about 600 feet (182 meters) since the rocky body first formed.
- Neil Armstrong claims he said "one small step for *A* man" when he set foot on the moon and that audio analysis of the recording backs that up and it's been misquoted this entire time.
- The first words of the third man on the moon were, "Whoopee! Man, that may have been a small one for Neil, but that's a long one for me."
- Apollo 14 astronaut Al Shepard played golf on the moon in 1971.
- Even a small meteoroid of 5 kg (10 lbs) can excavate a huge crater over 9 meters (30 ft) across the lunar surface because the Moon has little or no atmosphere.
- Buzz Aldrin received communion on the moon.
- Buzz Aldrin's first words on the Moon were "Beautiful view."