- Sharks kill 12 people per year
- while people kill 11,417
sharks per hour.
- Sharks have an astounding sense of smell, so powerful that they can detect a single drop of blood in an Olympic-sized pool.
- Sharks will sink if they stop swimming.
- people than sharks do worldwide.
- You are more likely to die from a falling coconut than from a shark attack.
- Sharks can be introverts or extroverts.
- Female Greenland sharks reach sexual maturity at age 150.
- The "Shortfin Mako" Shark can accelerate faster than a Porsche.
- Great white sharks can go for months without eating.
- Sharks can grow a new set of teeth in 8 days.
- Playing dead will help you survive a shark attack, MythBusters confirmed.
- The author of Jaws dedicated the last decade of his life to the preservation of sharks to make up for the mass hysteria he helped create.
- Because of female sharks' resistance, fewer than 10% of mating attempts actually succeed.
- The outside of shark teeth is made up of fluoride, the active component of most toothpaste, so Sharks never get cavities.
- The skin of a female shark is much thicker than that of a male
- because males bite females during mating.
- About 50 different shark species glow in the dark. That's about 10% of all known sharks.
- Sharks have survived 5 mass extinctions.
- Female sharks can store sperm for up to a year before using it to fertilise their eggs.
- Signs that a circling shark will attack: it will hunch its back, lower its pectoral fins and swim in zigzag motions.
- Some captive female sharks have been known to reproduce without the aid of a male, essentially cloning themselves.