- Octopuses have 3 hearts.
- Around 300 species of Octopuses are recognized.
- The oldest
- octopus fossil
- Octopuses are eaten alive in Korea.
- It's illegal in many countries to perform surgery on an octopus without anesthesia due to their intelligence.
- An Octopus
- doesn't have
- 8 arms
- but 6 arms and 2 legs.
- If two octopuses approach each
other and display dark colors
- the encounter is likely to escalate
to physical confrontation.
- An octopus will eat its own arms if it gets really hungry.
- Instead of mating, female octopuses will sometimes strangle males and eat them.
- had a mass of 71 kg (156.5 lb).
- Female blanket octopuses can be 40,000 times more massive than the male, it's the largest sex size discrepancy in the animal kingdom.
- Giant Pacific octopus moms have over 50,000 babies, of which, only a few survive, while moms die.
- The octopus' suction cups are equipped with chemoreceptors so it can taste what it is touching.
- A six-limbed octopus was found by an American family on vacation in 2013. It was only the second recorded worldwide. They ate it.
- Octopus skin can change color 177 times an hour.
- Stealthy Seagoers Octopuses are masters at flying under the radar, changing their coloration and texture to match their surroundings in seconds.