- The highest temperature ever recorded in Antarctica is 58.2°F (14.5°C).
- Antarctica is about 1.3 times as large as Europe.
- Antarctica is the only
- continent without reptiles.
- Ice melting in Antarctica has caused a small shift in gravity in the region.
- You cannot work in Antarctica unless your wisdom teeth and appendix are removed.
- Antarctica is the only continent without a time zone.
- There's a treaty signed by 38 countries that prohibits military activities, mineral mining, nuclear explosions and nuclear waste disposal in Antarctica.
- There are at least seven Christian churches in Antarctica.
- A scientist in Antarctica got a date through Tinder with a girl camping just 45 minutes away.
- Most of Antarctica is covered in ice: less than 1% is permanently ice-free.
- The largest iceberg ever measured is bigger than Jamaica: 11,000 sq km (4,200 sq mi). It broke away from Antarctica in 2000.
- The average thickness of ice in Antarctica is about 1 mile (1.6 km) .
- Winds in some places of Antarctica can reach 200 mph (320 km/h).
- Antarctica is almost 1.5 times the size of the U.S.
- of all meteorites ever found have come from Antarctica.
- There are Victoria's Secret models from every continent except Antarctica.
- There is just one insect native to Antarctica, the Belgica Antarctica.
- only in the Arctic.
- Antarctica has only one ATM.
- The hole in the ozone layer over Antarctica is twice the size of Europe.
- No sitting U.S. president has visited Antarctica.
- Every year, a half marathon, marathon and a 100K run take place in Antarctica despite an average windchill temperature of -20°C.