- Human life expectancy has increased more in the last 50 years than in the previous 200,000 years of human existence.
- There are more life forms living on your skin than there are people on the planet.
- The average human will yawn around 250,000 times over the course of his life.
- In an average lifetime
- human skin
- completely replaces itself
- 900 times.
- An average person produces about 25,000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime, enough to fill two swimming pools.
- The average person spends 3 months of its lifetime sitting on the toilet.
- The average person takes 183,755,600 steps in a lifetime.
- 80% of humanity lives on less than US$10 per day.
- The average American spends over 5 months of his life on the phone.
- People with many friends
- live 3.7 years more
- than those
- who are isolated.
- Sitting for more than three hours a day can cut two years off a person's life expectancy.
- In his lifetime, a man spends almost six months shaving.
- Joggers live, on average,
six years longer.
- Most people can survive for
up to 2 months without eating,
- Two-thirds of all the people in the world who have ever lived to be 65 years old are still alive today.
- The average British woman spends US$160,000 on make-up in a lifetime.
- 1 in 5 Americans believes that the world will end in their lifetime.
- Every year, life expectancy increases by 3 months.
- 82% of Americans believe in some kind of afterlife.
- The average person walks 75,000 miles (120,000 KM) in a lifetime or five times round the world.
- An average person spends 6 years of his life dreaming.
- Over the past two centuries, every year has added 3 months to average life expectancy.
- Working past age 65 is linked to longer life, a study found.
- People who read books live an average of almost 2 years longer than those who do not read at all, a Yale research found.
- The lifespan of a rock star is 25 years shorter than average.