- Today, 2,500 Americans will try cocaine for the first time.
- Pope Leo XIII carried a hip flask full of wine infused with cocaine.
- 1 in 40
- people in Scotland uses cocaine, the highest rate in the world.
- The price of cocaine went down by 51% in Europe since 1990.
- Cupcakes can be as addictive as cocaine.
- Worldwide sales of cocaine earn more than Microsoft, McDonald's, and Kellogg's combined.
- Taking cocaine increases the chance of having a heart attack within the hour by 2,400%.
- In the US today, prescription painkillers kill more Americans than heroin and cocaine combined.
- Caffeine is made of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, and oxygen. The same as cocaine, thalidomide, nylon, TNT, and heroin.
- Refined sugar is more addictive than cocaine.
- Crack cocaine is considered the most addictive form of cocaine.
- Writer Stephen King was addicted to cocaine between 1979 and 1987 and used it to create a buzz to write.
- While shooting "The Blues Brothers" movie, they had a budget for cocaine.
- The Incas revered the coca plant as being sacred or magical.
- Other names for Cocaine are
- nose candy, white lady,
stardust and Charlie.
- While less than 5 percent of the
world's population lives in the U.S.,
- they consume almost 37%
of the world's cocaine.
- "Under Pressure" was written by David Bowie and Queen during a 24-hour wine and cocaine marathon.
- Cocaine has a small number of accepted medical uses such as numbing and decreasing bleeding during nasal surgery.
- A cocaine addict's heart can beat for 25 minutes outside their body.