- In 15 years of conquest, Alexander The Great never lost a battle.
- Alexander The Great succeeded his father, Philip II, to the throne of Macedonia at the age of 20.
- Alexander the Great was tutored by Aristotle until the age of 16.
- Alexander The Great began his reign by eliminating potential rivals to the throne, including his cousin, the former Amyntas IV, who was executed.
- Julius Caesar, Mark Antony and Octavian, all made pilgrimages to Alexander the Great's tomb in Alexandria.
- Alexander the Great washed his hair in saffron to keep it shiny and orange.
- After defeating the Persians, Alexander The Great started dressing like them and took two Persian wives.
- Alexander earned the epithet "the Great" due to his unparalleled success as a military commander.
- Alexander The Great may have been bisexual, which in his time was not controversial.