- The population of Finland is about 5,500,000, with a density of 18 inhabitants per sq km, the lowest in the EU.
- After WW1, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Poland emerged as independent nations.
- Finland is part of Fennoscandia, not Scandinavia.
- From the Middle Ages up to 1809,
- In Finland, when someone earns their Ph.D., they are given a top hat and a sword.
- Every year, Finland increases in surface area by about 7 sq km (2.7 sq mi) per year because it is rebounding from the weight of ice-age glaciers and rising out of the sea.
- Mobile Phone Throwing is an official sport in Finland.
- Finland has more heavy metal bands per capita than any other country in the world.
- Around 1 in 10 convicts in Finland escaped prison in 2013, making it the prison-break capital of Europe.
- In Finland, slot machines are monopolized by a non-profit company that gives all its earnings to charity.
- The Brown bear is the national animal of Finland.
- A Burger King in Finland has an in-store sauna.
- The prehistoric Finns, along with most Siberian peoples, considered the bear as the spirit of one's forefathers.
- Swedish is also an official language
- in Finland.
- 99% of Finns take a sauna at least once a week.
- Finland will give $587 to 2,000 jobless citizens each month from January 2017 until 2019 to see if basic income works.
- In Finland, people call their country Suomi.