- of the web is porn.
- 30,000 websites are hacked every day.
- When Montenegro became independent from Yugoslavia, its Internet domain name went from .yu to .me.
- A U.S. journalist faces 105 years in jail for posting a link on the web.
- of American adults do not use the Internet.
- 1 in 10 Americans thinks HTML --the language of web pages-- is a sexually transmitted disease.
- Over 100,000
- new dot com domains
- are registered on the web
- every day.
- Psychologists examined Internet trolls and found that they are "narcissistic, psychopathic, and sadistic".
- 50% of Internet users will quit waiting for a video to load after 10 seconds.
- of all the emails sent are spam.
- One-third of Italians have never used the Internet.
- The "Fi" in "WiFi" doesn't mean anything. The creators just called it that because it rhymed with "HiFi".
- By the end of 1993, there were only 623 websites on the World Wide Web.
- of the world's population has an Internet addiction.
- Only 37.9% of people have access to the Internet once a year or more.
- The current library at Alexandria has a copy of all the web pages on every website on the Internet since it started in 1996.
- The first online transaction ever was
- NASA's Internet connection is 13,000 times faster than The average U.S. user, at 91 gigabits per second.
- The man who invented pop-up ads has apologized to the world for creating one of the Internet's most hated forms of advertising.
- Disconnecting people from the Internet is a human rights violation according to the United Nations.
- Search Engines can only access 0.03% of the Internet. The rest is known as the "deep web."
- Estonia became the first nation to hold legally binding general elections over the Internet in 2005.
- Seven people have keys with the power to restart the World Wide Web in the event of a catastrophic event.
- The 1989 article that proposed the acronym LOL also suggested using ‘H' to mean ‘Huh?'
- The online encyclopaedia dedicated to Lego is called ‘Brickipedia'.
- Amazon.com sold its first book in July 1995: "Fluid Concepts and Creative Analogies."
- Snapchat founders had tried nearly 34 projects before coming up with the social network.
- "Mouse potato" is someone who spends a lot of time at a computer.