- China has treatment camps for Internet addicts.
- 30,000 websites are hacked every day.
- There's high-speed Internet on the way up to Mount Everest.
- The majority of Internet traffic is not generated by humans, but bots like Google and Malware.
- When Montenegro became independent from Yugoslavia, its Internet domain name went from .yu to .me.
- A U.S. journalist faces 105 years in jail for posting a link on the web.
- of American adults do not use the Internet.
- 1 in 10 Americans thinks HTML --the language of web pages-- is a sexually transmitted disease.
- Researchers are
debating on adding
to the list of mental disorders.
- The first webcam was created in Cambridge to check the status of a coffee pot.
- Over 100,000
- new dot com domains
- are registered on the web
- every day.
- 9 million adults in Britain have never used the internet.
- Psychologists examined Internet trolls and found that they are "narcissistic, psychopathic, and sadistic".
- 50% of Internet users will quit waiting for a video to load after 10 seconds.
- The Philippines has the slowest Internet speed in the entire Southeast Asian region with an average speed of 3.54 Mbps.
- Internet Users Send 204 Million Emails Per Minute.
- UK's Internet Porn Filter Architect was Arrested On Child Porn Offences in 2014.
- China has more internet users on mobile devices than on PCs.
- of all the emails sent are spam.
- One-third of Italians have never used the Internet.
- The "Fi" in "WiFi" doesn't mean anything. The creators just called it that because it rhymed with "HiFi".
- By the end of 1993, there were only 623 websites on the World Wide Web.
- of the world's population has an Internet addiction.
- "LOL" used to mean "lots of love" before the Internet.
- Only 37.9% of people have access to the Internet once a year or more.
- In 2010, Finland became the first country in the world to make Internet access a legal right.
- The first thing ever bought and sold across the Internet was a bag of marijuana around 1971.
- The current library at Alexandria has a copy of all the web pages on every website on the Internet since it started in 1996.
- If the Internet went down for a day, 196 billion emails and 3 billion Google searches would have to wait.
- Thanks to his Internet popularity, the child from the "Success Kid" meme made enough money to fund his dad's kidney transplant.
- The first online transaction ever was
- Stanford students buying marijuana from MIT students.
- India has more people using the internet than the entire population of the U.S.
- Estonian ID cards have a chip with public-private key pair used to sign documents and vote in elections via the internet. For their 2011 election, 24% of the votes were cast online.
- NASA's Internet connection is 13,000 times faster than The average U.S. user, at 91 gigabits per second.
- The man who invented pop-up ads has apologized to the world for creating one of the Internet's most hated forms of advertising.
- People who spend a lot of time on the internet are more likely to be depressed, lonely and mentally unstable, a study found.
- Disconnecting people from the Internet is a human rights violation according to the United Nations.