- After hitting the iceberg, it took the Titanic 2 hours and 40 minutes to sink.
- The Titanic could have been saved if it wasn't for a 30-second delay in giving the order to change course after spotting the iceberg.
- The budget for the Movie "Titanic" was higher than the Titanic itself.
- Only 333 bodies of the Titanic's victims were recovered, one in five of the over 1500 victims.
- The Titanic's fourth funnel was fake. It was added to make the ship look more powerful and symmetrical.
- The most expensive First Class suites in the Titanic were to have cost up to £870 (£75,156 today).
- Not a single engineer, out of the 30, made it off the Titanic: they stayed and kept the power on so others could escape.
- The iceberg that sank the Titanic began its journey somewhere around 1000 BCE.
- Ships today are more likely to encounter an iceberg than the Titanic was.
- Kate Winslet, who played in the movie "Titanic," hated the song "My Heart Will Go On", and said it makes her feel "like throwing up."
- It took 73 years to find the wreck of the Titanic.
- 29 days after the Titanic sank, a movie about it was released. It featured an actress who was actually on the Titanic and survived.
- After the Titanic sank, the families of the band members were billed By White Star Line for the cost of the uniforms worn as the band members died.
- A man who survived the sinking of a ship in 1871 was finally able to overcome his fears and decided to sail again in 1912: he died in the sinking of the Titanic.
- In 1898, 14 years before the Titanic sank, author Morgan Robertson wrote a book about an "unsinkable" ship called the "Titan" that crashed into an iceberg and sank.
- Ben Guggenheim, heir to mining magnate Meyer Guggenheim, dressed in his finest suit, had a glass of brandy and smoked a cigar as the Titanic sank.
- James Cameron sought Hollywood funding for the movie "Titanic" not because he wanted to make the movie, but because he wanted to dive to the shipwreck.
- The estimated value of the cash, bonds and jewellery carried by The Titanic's passengers was US$6,000,000.
- The RMS Titanic
- was built
- in Belfast,
- Titanic II will be a close replica of the Titanic, and is set to sail in 2018.
- The Titanic crew had no binoculars , which may have helped them see the iceberg. They were inside a locker and the key was lost.
- The Titanic's electrical plant was capable of producing more power than an average city power station of the time.
- The Titanic's architect, Thomas Andrews, was among those who died in the sinking.