- Bart Simpson's name is an anagram of BRAT. His full name is Bartholomew Jojo Simpson.
- All characters on The Simpson's have just 4 fingers on each hand, except for one with five: God.
- All characters on The Simpson's are based on, and named after his creator Matt Groening's family.
- It took Danny Elfman just two days to compose The Simpsons’ famous theme in 1989.
- Krusty the Clown was originally created to be Homer's secret identity.
- The Simpson's couch gag is actually a trick used by the writers to make the show longer or shorter.
- D'oh! is a real word in the Oxford English Dictionary . In The Simpsons scripts, it just says "annoyed grunt."
- 6 months
- takes to make an episode of The Simpsons.
- In 1998, TIME Magazine named Bart Simpson one of the most influential people of the century.
- The Simpsons holds the Record for Longest Running Primetime Animated TV Series and Most Guest Stars Featured in a Television Series.
- Fox owns the rights to The Simpsons until 2082.
- In the Arabic version of The Simpsons, Homer is called
- Van Houten's
- middle name is
- Bart Simpsons' voice is played by a woman.
- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange appeared on an episode of The Simpsons. He recorded his lines over the phone from the Ecuadorian embassy in Britain, where he has been granted asylum.
- Homer Simpson once had a theory that the universe was shaped like a donut. The theory has some validity, according to cosmologists.
- The Simpson's co-creator Sam Simon died of terminal cancer and left most of his fortune to animal charities and feeding the hungry.
- A child that was Bart's age when The Simpson's first premiered would now be the same age as Homer.
- The Simpsons made the word "meh" popular.
- The mother of Matt Groening, creator of The Simpsons, was called Marge Wiggum.
- Bart accounted for a significantly larger share of the show's dialogue in season 1 than in any future season of The Simpsons.
- Mr. Burns speaks the most words among supporting cast members of The Simpsons.
- The Simpsons have had more guest stars than they have had episodes.