- Alaska is so big, you could fit 75 New Jerseys in it.
- A cat has been the mayor of Talkeetna, Alaska for 15 years.
- In Alaska, there's a pizza place that delivers the pizza by plane.
- On April 1, 1974, black smoke was seen rising from Mount Edgecumbe, a volcano in Alaska. When a Coast Guard pilot came closer to investigate, he found 70 tires burning and the words "APRIL FOOL" spray painted into the snow.
- Alaska is the state with the highest percentage of people walking to work.
- A ship abandoned off the coast of Alaska in 1931 was spotted, still adrift in the Arctic, in 1969.
- In 2015, a man legally named 'Santa Claus' was elected to city council in North Pole, Alaska.
- If Manhattan had the same population density as Alaska, only 28 people would live on the island.
- Alaska is estimated to have the highest rape rate in the U.S.
- The most Eastern and Western and Northern state in the U.S. is Alaska.
- Alaska has a longer coastline than all the other U.S. states combined.
- Alaska is geographically big enough to fit 19 U.S. states within its borders.
- The Aurora Ice Hotel in Alaska was made entirely of ice. Ice walls, ceiling, beds, bar, barstools, even martini glasses were made of ice. It was closed by the fire marshall for not having smoke detectors.