- The U.S. government poisoned alcohol during Prohibition in the 20s and 30s, killing over 10,000 people.
- Every hour, at least
1 person is killed by a drunk driver in the U.S.
- 100 acres of Pizza are served in the U.S. every day.
- Exposure to Secondhand smoke causes nearly 50,000 deaths each year in the U.S. alone.
- One American consumes as many resources as 32 Kenyans.
- Every second, Americans collectively
- eat 100 pounds of chocolate.
- America's first slave owner was a black man.
- 1 in 3 Americans is obese.
- 9 million people are in prisons around world, and a quarter of them are in the U.S.
- There are at least 97 people called "LOL" in the U.S.
- In 1962, the U.S. blew up a hydrogen bomb in space that was 100 times more powerful than Hiroshima.
- The U.S. purchased Alaska from Russia for just US$7.2 million in 1867.
- The average U.S. worker stays at each of its jobs for 4.4 years.
- 8 billion chickens are consumed in the U.S. each year.
- of births in the U.S. come from unmarried women.
- Apple has more operating cash
- than the
- It's completely legal for
minors to smoke cigarettes
- in the U.S. and parts of Europe.
What they can't do is purchase them.
- Every day, nearly 4000 teens in the U.S. smoke their first cigarette while 1,000 start smoking on a daily basis.
- Smoking causes 1 in every 5 deaths in the U.S. every year.
- Four planet Earths would be required to sustain the levels of consumption of the U.S.
- About 20 million Americans live in mobile homes.
- Every tweet Americans send is being archived by the Library of Congress.
- Medical errors are the 6th leading cause of the death in the U.S.
- The U.S. has 115,000 janitors, 83,000 bartenders and 323,000 restaurant servers with bachelor's degrees.
- College textbooks prices in the U.S. have risen faster than health-care, housing, and inflation.
- African-Americans are twice as likely to be shot in the U.S.
- Christmas was illegal in the U.S. until 1836 as it was considered an Ancient Pagan Holiday.
- After Christianity, the largest religious affiliation in the U.S. is Judaism.
- In the U.S., you are twice as likely to commit suicide than be murdered by someone else.
- There are more single people than married people in the U.S. nowadays.
- In the U.S. it costs US$245,000 to raise a child, before college.
- It costs the U.S. Government US$2,768,902 per year to hold a prisoner in Guantanamo.
- of the land in Nevada is owned by the U.S. government.
- U.S. former presidents John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson
- died within hours of each other, on the 4th of July in 1826.
- The Four Corners Monument is the only point in the U.S. shared by four states.
- The U.S. State with the longest official name is the
- State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.
- In the U.S., there's an official
Rock Paper Scissors League.
- There are more Facebook users from the U.S.
- than U.S. citizens that voted in the last election.
- The U.S. has no official language.
- of U.S. prison inmates can't read.
- There are more public libraries than McDonald's in the U.S.
- plastic bags are being used in the U.S. every 5 seconds.
- The banana is the most popular fruit in the U.S.
- Every day in the U.S., more than 100,000 people get a speeding ticket.
- The biggest bill the U.S. issued was a US$ 10,000 bill.
- At least 1 in 25 people sentenced to the death penalty in the U.S. are innocent.
- In 1893, an amendment was
proposed to rename the U.S. into
- the "United States of the Earth".
- US$1 in every US$5 paid in taxes in the U.S. goes to defense.
- 97% of rapists in the U.S. never spend a day in jail for their crime.
- In 31 states of the U.S., Rapists can legally sue for child custody if the rape results in pregnancy.
- The U.S. Government spends US$1.8 billion per year printing documents.
- There's a town called "Big Ugly" in West Virginia, U.S.A.
- The U.S. Tax Code is 5,000 pages long while The Bible and "War and Peace" only have about 4,500 pages.
- Nelson Mandela was not removed from the U.S. terror watchlist until 2008.
- Valentine's Day is also National Condom Day in the U.S.
- Almost half the world's credit card frauds happen in the U.S.
- The U.S. spends US$30 per American per year of foreign aid on health, which can buy enough measles vaccines for 120 children.
- There are more TVs in the U.S. than people in the U.K.
- The poorest place in the U.S. is Allen, South Dakota, where 96% are Native American.
- 1 in 25 U.S. teenagers has attempted suicide.
- There are still cases of bubonic plague reported in the U.S. every year.
- The launch code for all U.S. Minuteman nuclear missiles for 20 years used the same code: 00000000.
- In 2010, General Electric made over US$14 billion in profits but paid US$0 in taxes in the U.S.
- The Afghan War is the longest war in U.S. history.
- More U.S. soldiers committed suicide than died in combat in 2012.
- of all U.S. companies go out of business every year.
- Hackers cost the U.S. economy up to 500,000 jobs each year.
- In 1943, the U.S. banned sliced bread as a wartime conservation measure.
- No U.S. president
- has been elected
- after being divorced
- except for Ronald Reagan.
- There are
100 divorces every hour
in the U.S.
- is the lifetime risk of developing Cancer for a man in the U.S.
- There are 2 pets for every 3 people in the U.S.
- An average person in the U.S. eats 35 tons of food in a lifetime.
- By the time an average child leaves school
- in the U.S., he has seen 40,000 murders on TV.
- of women in the U.S. are pregnant right now.
- American flags made in China are banned in the U.S. Military.
- The State of New Jersey, U.S.A., was originally called Lorraine and New Sweden.
- The U.S. spends more money per person on healthcare than any other developed country, yet its life expectancy is below average.
- In WW2, the U.S. and New Zealand secretly tested 3,700 "tsunami bombs" designed to destroy coastal cities.
- It's estimated 1.5 million people are "missing missing" in the U.S.; people who have disappeared but haven't been reported as missing.
- Gerald Ford was the only to have served as both U.S. President and Vice President without being elected to either position.
- The U.S. government spent US$1.1 million on puppets from 2009 to 2013.
- Interracial marriage was banned in the U.S. for much of its history: from 1776 to 1967.
- The cost of college in the U.S. has gone up 500% since 1985.
- The U.S. has 19 aircraft carriers, compared to the rest of the world's 12 aircraft carriers combined.
- Before the Holocaust, Hitler gave the U.S., Great Britain, and many other nations a chance to take in Jewish refugees. They refused.
- The first Friday of June is National Donut Day in the U.S.
- If the U.S. can raise its 34.5% recycling rate to 75%, it will be the CO2 equivalent of removing 50 million cars from the road.
- of businesses in the U.S. are owned by women.
- U.S. Families living in extreme poverty, with less than US$$2 per day, has doubled to 1.5 million since 1996.
- GPS is owned and controlled by the U.S. Government. It can be 'switched off' at any time.
- of the U.S. remains unoccupied, despite having a population of 310 million.
- The U.S. is currently in it's longest period of not having a president die in office.
- The U.S. has more people of Norwegian descent than Norway.
- The first President born in the U.S. spoke Dutch as his first language.
- Gun sales in the U.S. actually increase after mass shootings.
- In the U.S., more than 1.2 million people have HIV.
- The U.S. uses less water now
- than it did in 1970.
- In the U.S., sitting on a sea turtle is a third degree felony.
- More than half of the U.S. is now abnormally dry or officially in a drought.
- The U.S. has more museums than Starbucks and McDonald's locations combined.
- The constitutions of 7 U.S. states (Arkansas, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas) specifically ban atheists from holding public office.
- of plastic bags in the U.S. are not recycled.
- The poorest 5% of people in the U.S. are still
- richer than 68% of the world's inhabitants.
- It takes a single one-page form and about 4 minutes to apply to become an official presidential candidate in the U.S.
- By law, only dead people can appear on U.S. currency.
- Your fingerprint is not protected under the 5th amendment, so police in the U.S. can force you to unlock a phone with a fingerprint but not a password.
was the most dangerous U.S. city in 2015, with a violent crime rate of 1,988.63 per 100,000 people.
- Generic and brand name drugs are required by U.S. law to be equally effective.
- 1145 people were killed by police in the U.S. in 2015.
- 19 U.S. states still allow spanking in school.
- Empty Homes Outnumber The Homeless 6 To 1 in The U.S.
- In 2015, the marijuana market in the U.S. was bigger than craft beer, wine and organic food.
- The U.S. officially adopted the metric system in 1975 when President Gerald Ford signed the Metric Conversion Act.
- A small town in Minnesota decided to secede from the U.S. in the 70s and declared war because "it is much easier to get assistance as a foreign country, which we need badly."
Just 2.5 million people
lived in the U.S.A. in 1776.
Today it’s 314 million.
If you have $10 in your
pocket and no debts,
25% of Americans.
pocket and no debts,
25% of Americans.
An American soldier ran across
the border to North Korea In
1962 and has been living there
has been employed
has been employed
5 cents per day
Thousands of Americans
migrated to the USSR
in the 1930s during
the Great Depression.
A Slave in America
in 1850 would cost
in 2013 dollars.
in 1850 would cost
in 2013 dollars.
Russia & America
are less than
4 km apart at the
25 % of