- 160,000 U.S. children miss school every day due to a fear of bullying.
- Bullying affects nearly 1 in 3 American schoolchildren in grades six through 10.
- 6 out of 10 teenagers in the U.S. say they witness bullying in school once a day.
- 64% of children who were bullied did not report it.
- Michael Phelps, the most decorated Olympian of all time, was bullied as a kid for his gangly form and big ears.
- As a child, Elon Musk was bullied so severely, he once had to be hospitalized because of a beating from other students.
- Only 1 in 10 victims of cyber-bullying tell a parent.
- 60% of boys described as bullies in school were convicted of at least one crime by the age of 24, a study found.
- Singer Demi Lovato pursued her education through home-schooling, after being a victim of bullying.
- A 2013 study by Michigan State University found that unattractive people are more likely to be bullied in the workplace.