- Only about 9% of marijuana users become clinically dependent, according to a study.
- of people in the U.S. have tried marijuana at least once.
- Legalizing marijuana
- in federal and state tax
- revenue per year.
- Over 800,000 people are arrested for marijuana in the U.S. each year.
- was the first U.S. state
- that banned Marijuana
- a century ago.
- Uruguay became, in 2013, the first country in the world to make it legal to grow, sell and consume marijuana.
- In 1949, the U.S. Military created a synthetic version of Marijuana called "Dimethylheptylpyran." Just 1 mg can have effects lasting for 3 days.
- In Colorado, medical marijuana dispensaries outnumber Starbucks locations 3 to 1.
- Legal marijuana
- is the
- fastest-growing industry
- in the U.S. in 2015.
- In Bhutan, marijuana was only ever used to feed pigs before the advent of TV.
- 789 grams of 2,700-year-old marijuana were found in a Chinese tomb in 2008.
- The first arrest for Marijuana possession and selling in the U.S. occurred in Denver, Colorado on October 2, 1937.
- The first online transaction ever was
- Stanford students buying marijuana from MIT students.
- Only around 1% to 5% of marijuana users end up developing psychosis.
- A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to die of an overdose.
- The Hollywood sign was changed by a prankster in 1976 to read "Hollyweed", after the passage of a state law decriminalising marijuana.
- in the fiscal year of 2014, the DEA spent an average of US$4.20 per marijuana plant they uprooted.
- Denver, Colorado, has more marihuana dispensaries than liquor stores or public schools.
- As Vice President, Richard Nixon once carried Louis Armstrong's bags containing three pounds of Marijuana through United States Customs without ever knowing it.