- Only about 9% of marijuana users become clinically dependent, according to a study.
- of people in the U.S. have tried marijuana at least once.
- Study after study has found that marijuana is less harmful than alcohol and tobacco.
- Heavy marijuana smokers are at risk for some of the same health effects as cigarette smokers, like bronchitis and other respiratory illnesses.
- Legalizing marijuana
- would generate $8.7 billion
- in federal and state tax
- revenue per year.
- Marijuana has been legal for personal use in Alaska since 1975, and it's still legal today.
- The SEX Party in Australia is looking to legalize marijuana, euthanasia, censorship, abortion, and tax the church.
- Over 800,000 people are arrested for marijuana in the U.S. each year.
- A Marijuana-derived compound forces cancer cells to freeze and prevents them from spreading.
- Medicinal Marijuana is Considered Kosher in Some Cases by Judaism.
- was the first U.S. state
- that banned Marijuana
- a century ago.
- Uruguay became, in 2013, the first country in the world to make it legal to grow, sell and consume marijuana.
- In the U.S., a sentence of life in prison without parole was given for trying to sell US$10 of marijuana to an undercover officer.
- In 1949, the U.S. Military created a synthetic version of Marijuana called "Dimethylheptylpyran." Just 1 mg can have effects lasting for 3 days.
- In Colorado, medical marijuana dispensaries outnumber Starbucks locations 3 to 1.
- Legal marijuana
- is the
- fastest-growing industry
- in the U.S. in 2015.
- The U.S. government's "official expert" on Marijuana from 1938 to 1962 once testified in court, under oath, that he had smoked marijuana and it turned him into a bat.
- The first recorded use of Marijuana was in China, over 4700 years ago.
- In Bhutan, marijuana was only ever used to feed pigs before the advent of TV.
- Rastafarians are legally allowed to possess marijuana in Italy due to it being a 'sacrament' to the religion.
- 789 grams of 2,700-year-old marijuana were found in a Chinese tomb in 2008.
- In India, it is not uncommon to consume marijuana in milkshake form.
- The first thing ever bought and sold across the Internet was a bag of marijuana around 1971.
- Bob Marley was buried with his red Gibson guitar, a Bible open to Psalms 23 and a bud of marijuana.
- The first arrest for Marijuana possession and selling in the U.S. occurred in Denver, Colorado on October 2, 1937.
- In the Netherlands, there are dozens of public facilities where you can bring recreational drugs including marijuana, cocaine and ecstasy to test if they are safe.
- The first online transaction ever was
- Stanford students buying marijuana from MIT students.
- Only around 1% to 5% of marijuana users end up developing psychosis.
- A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to die of an overdose.
- In 2015, the marijuana market in the U.S. was bigger than craft beer, wine and organic food.
- The Hollywood sign was changed by a prankster in 1976 to read "Hollyweed", after the passage of a state law decriminalising marijuana.
- in the fiscal year of 2014, the DEA spent an average of US$4.20 per marijuana plant they uprooted.
- A man with a rare bone cancer gets his marijuana —300 joints at a time, one shipment every 25 days— courtesy of the U.S. federal government.
- In 1970, Bill Murray jokingly said to a fellow passenger that he had two bombs in his bag. U.S. marshals searched his luggage and found US$20,000 worth of marijuana. Murray was arrested.
- Denver, Colorado, has more marihuana dispensaries than liquor stores or public schools.
BEER & MARIJUANA
beer's hops are in the
same family of flowering
plants as marijuana.
in his farm.
is legal and is not
even classified as a
drug in North Korea.