- Within three days of death, the enzymes that once digested your dinner begin to eat you.
- The practice of burying the dead may date back 350,000 years.
- About 153,000 people will die on your birthday.
- Doctors' sloppy handwriting kills more than 7,000 people annually.
- When a person dies, his sense of hearing is the last to go.
- You are more likely to die from a falling coconut than from a shark attack.
- Every hour, at least
1 person is killed by a drunk driver in the U.S.
- Greek philosopher Chrysippus is said to have died of laughter after getting his donkey drunk, trying to eat figs.
- The creator of the Pringles packaging had his ashes stored in a Pringles Can after he died.
- 80% of all Soviet males born in 1923 died in World War II.
- Americans die each year from falling out of bed.
- Obese drivers are 78% more likely to die in a car crash.
- You are more likely to die in the taxi cab on the way to and from the airport than on the flight itself.
- We are born with over 270 bones, and die with 206.
- One woman dies
- every hour
- dowry-related crimes.
- As many as 440,000 people die from preventable medical errors every year.
- In Greek mythology,
it was believed that redheads
- turn into vampires when they die.
- The lack of physical activity is one of the leading causes of preventable death worldwide.
- Vending machines kill 13 people per year.
- if you die in Amsterdam without any friends or family left to attend your funeral, a poet will write a poem for you and recite it at your funeral.
- Malaria is thought to be responsible for the death of about half of all people who ever lived.
- Road traffic accidents kill more people around the world than malaria.
- Harry Houdini, the great escapist, died on Halloween day.