- Within three days of death, the enzymes that once digested your dinner begin to eat you.
- The practice of burying the dead may date back 350,000 years.
- About 100 billion people have died in all human history.
- More people commit suicide in New York City than are murdered.
- About 153,000 people will die on your birthday.
- Doctors' sloppy handwriting kills more than 7,000 people annually.
- When a person dies, his sense of hearing is the last to go.
- You are more likely to die from a falling coconut than from a shark attack.
- Every hour, at least
1 person is killed by a drunk driver in the U.S.
- Mount Everest has about
200 dead bodies on it, which are now landmarks on the way to the top.
- Every 40 seconds, someone commits suicide.
- Sharks kill 12 people per year
- while people kill 11,417
sharks per hour.
- Greek philosopher Chrysippus is said to have died of laughter after getting his donkey drunk, trying to eat figs.
- The creator of the Pringles packaging had his ashes stored in a Pringles Can after he died.
- 80% of all Soviet males born in 1923 died in World War II.
- You are more likely to die slipping in the bathtub, getting struck by lightning, or drowning in the bathtub, than from Terrorism.
- Every 90 seconds, one woman dies during pregnancy or childbirth.
- Crucifixion is still an official form of death penalty in Sudan.
- Americans die each year from falling out of bed.
- Obese drivers are 78% more likely to die in a car crash.
- You are more likely to die in the taxi cab on the way to and from the airport than on the flight itself.
- 20,000 children die worldwide every day due to poverty.
- We are born with over 270 bones, and die with 206.
- One woman dies
- every hour
- in India because of
- dowry-related crimes.
- As many as 440,000 people die from preventable medical errors every year.
- In London,
- it is illegal
- to die
- in the Houses of Parliament.
- In Greek mythology,
it was believed that redheads
- turn into vampires when they die.
- Nearly 6,000 people per year get hurt or die in the UK after tripping over their trousers or falling down stairs while pulling them up.
- The lack of physical activity is one of the leading causes of preventable death worldwide.
- At least 1 in 25 people sentenced to the death penalty in the U.S. are innocent.
- 1 in every 8 deaths on earth are linked to air pollution, a study says.
- There's a 'Rent a Mourner' service in the UK to fill your funeral with fake friends.
- Vending machines kill 13 people per year.
- Estimates for the total number of people killed in wars throughout all of human history range from 150 million to 1 billion.
- In 2013, Google founded Calico, an anti-aging company designed to ultimately "cure" death.
- There is a gypsy tribe in India that celebrates death as one of the happiest events in their lives, while treating births with great grief.
- if you die in Amsterdam without any friends or family left to attend your funeral, a poet will write a poem for you and recite it at your funeral.
- Tuberculosis killed 1.5 million people worldwide in 2014, making it a larger cause of death than AIDS.
- Malaria is thought to be responsible for the death of about half of all people who ever lived.
3 years earlier
3 years earlier
35 million of
your cells die
your cells die