- The human eye
- can distinguish
- different colors.
- If the human eye was a digital camera it would have 576 megapixels.
- All blue eyed people can be traced back to one person who lived near the Black Sea almost 10,000 years ago.
- We spend about
10% of our waking hours
with our eyes closed, blinking.
- Researchers have successfully used the game TETRIS to treat "lazy eye" in adults.
- Black lemurs are thought to be the only primates, besides humans, to have blue eyes.
- Chameleons can move their eyes in two directions at the same time.
- Bees have
- your eyebrows
- is called
- Blue eyes tend to be more sensitive to light.
- The eye of a giant squid can measure the same as a volleyball ball.
- It is impossible to sneeze with the eyes open.
- Ommatophobia is the fear of eyes.
- Night vision goggles are green because the human eye can differentiate more shades of green than any other color.
- Carrots don't make your eyesight better. That was a lie from the British to cover up their technology from the NAZI during WW2.
- There's a laser procedure to change one's eye color from brown to blue, as blue eyes exist under all brown eyes.
- Your eyebrows renew themselves every 64 days.
- It is estimated that only 2% of all humans have green eyes, making it the rarest eye colour.
- About half of Americans born at the turn of the 20th century had blue eyes. Today, only about 1 in 6 Americans has them.
- In 2014, a student in Taiwan went blind after keeping her contact lenses in for 6 months. A microscopic bug ate her eyeballs.
- A rare tumor called a "limbal dermoid" can cause hair to grow out of a person's eyeball.
- The cross-eyed silent-film comedian Ben Turpin had his eyes insured for US$100,000 against uncrossing.
- 80% of what we learn is through our eyes.
- A human eye can detect a candle flame 1.7 miles (2.76 km) away.
- Myopia is about twice as common in Jews than in people of non-Jewish ethnicity.
- Even without moving their eyes, some birds have a 360-degree field of view.