- The human eye
- can distinguish
- about 10 million
- different colors.
- Some women can have a genetic mutation which causes them to see millions of more colors.
- People with blue eyes have a higher alcohol tolerance.
- If the human eye was a digital camera it would have 576 megapixels.
- All blue eyed people can be traced back to one person who lived near the Black Sea almost 10,000 years ago.
- We spend about
10% of our waking hours
with our eyes closed, blinking.
- Goldfish can't close their eyes as they have no eyelids.
- An Ostrich's eye is
bigger than its brain.
- Researchers have successfully used the game TETRIS to treat "lazy eye" in adults.
- Albert Einstein's eyes remain in a safe box in NYC.
- Your eyes can get sunburned.
- Black lemurs are thought to be the only primates, besides humans, to have blue eyes.
- Chameleons can move their eyes in two directions at the same time.
- Bees have
- The space between
- your eyebrows
- is called
- Blue eyes tend to be more sensitive to light.
- The eye of a giant squid can measure the same as a volleyball ball.
- Humans and dogs are the only two species known to seek visual clues from another's eyes. And dogs only do it with humans.
- Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
- Some lizards squirt blood out of their eyes as protection against predators.
- Cats have
- It is impossible to sneeze with the eyes open.
- Ommatophobia is the fear of eyes.
- Eigengrau (“brain gray”) is the color your eyes see in total darkness.
- Night vision goggles are green because the human eye can differentiate more shades of green than any other color.
- Carrots don't make your eyesight better. That was a lie from the British to cover up their technology from the NAZI during WW2.
- There's a laser procedure to change one's eye color from brown to blue, as blue eyes exist under all brown eyes.
- U2 singer Bono wears sunglasses all the time because he suffers from glaucoma, an eye condition.
- Your eyebrows renew themselves every 64 days.
- It is estimated that only 2% of all humans have green eyes, making it the rarest eye colour.
- About half of Americans born at the turn of the 20th century had blue eyes. Today, only about 1 in 6 Americans has them.
- In 2014, a student in Taiwan went blind after keeping her contact lenses in for 6 months. A microscopic bug ate her eyeballs.
- At birth, a baby's eye is about 75% of the size of an adult eye.