- Listening to music while working out measurably improves physical performance.
- You don't like the original version of a song because it's better. You like it because it's the one you heard first.
- None of The Beatles Could Read Music.
- Flowers can grow faster by listening to music.
- The type of music you listen to affects the way you perceive the world.
- Barry Manilow didn't write his song called "I write the songs".
- Leo Fender, inventor of the Telecaster and Stratocaster, could not play guitar.
- The world's longest concert goes so slow, it will last 639 years.
- The song Jingle Bells was originally written
- for Thanksgiving.
- Loud music can make a person drink more in less time.
- The original lyrics of the "Happy Birthday to You" song was
"Good Morning to You".
- A song that gets stuck in your head is called an "earworm".
- In 1989, the U.S. military blared AC/DC music at General Noriega's compound in Panama for 2 continuous days. The dictator surrendered.
- Rapper NoClue is the World's Fastest Rapper with 723 syllables in 51.27 seconds (14.1 syllables per second).
- Jimi Hendrix couldn't read or write music.
- For every US$1000 of music sold, the average musician makes just US$23.40.
- Metallica is the first and only band to play on all seven continents.
- Revenue from digital music downloads and subscriptions outpaced CD sales in the U.S. for the first time in 2014.
- Led Zeppelin got their name from a fellow musician, who said their band would go down like a "lead balloon."
- The British Navy uses Britney Spears' songs to scare off Somali pirates.
- Eminem wrote and recorded "The Real Slim Shady" just 3 hours before his album was due.
- Babies remain calm twice as long when listening to a song as they do when listening to speech, according to a study.
- White people consume 60-80% of all rap music in the U.S.
- The piano Freddie Mercury plays in Bohemian Rhapsody is the same exact piano Paul McCartney plays in Hey Jude.
- When Benjamin Franklin invented his own harmonica, it became so popular in Europe that Mozart and Beethoven composed music for it.
- Only about 1 in every 10,000 people has "perfect pitch", the ability to identify a musical note just by hearing it, with no reference note.
- Queen, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix and Tupac never won a Grammy, while Milli Vanilli and Justin Bieber did.
- 5% of people have a biological disdain for music, called "musical anhedonia."
- The word "music" comes from the Muses, goddesses of the arts in Greek mythology.
- The top 1% of bands and solo artists earn 77% of all revenue from recorded music, a 2014 report found.
- Music, painting, poetry, literature and architecture, all used to be part of the modern Olympic Games from 1912 to 1948.
- There's a "sea organ" built on the coast of Croatia that plays music like an organ when waves crash in and out of it.
- Pianos can have upwards of 12,000 individual parts.
- The only father-daughter collaboration to hit number one on the Billboard pop chart was “Something Stupid” by Frank and Nancy Sinatra in 1967.
- Group singing has been scientifically proven to lower stress, relieve anxiety, and elevate endorphins.
- Frank Sinatra never formally learned how to read music.