- Chimpanzees can develop their own fashion trends.
- Washoe, the chimpanzee, was the first non-human to learn American Sign Language. She also passed on her knowledge to other chimpanzees.
- Humans have the same number of hair follicles as chimpanzees.
- Chimpanzees can identify each other from pictures of their butts.
- Congo the chimp was a famous abstract painter in the 1950s who sold paintings to Picasso, Dalí and others for up to US$26,000.
- Chimps use medicinal plants to treat themselves for illness and injury.
- Chimpanzees fart so loudly and frequently that scientists locate them in forest occasionally by following the farts.
- Comparative analysis indicated that chimpanzees and bonobos show population-level right handedness, whereas gorillas and orangutans do not.
- Soviet biologist Ilya Ivanovich Ivanov attempted to impregnate a chimpanzee with human sperm to create a human-ape hybrid.