- Coffee is the world's second most valuable traded commodity, only behind petroleum.
- Energy drinks still don't have as much caffeine as a Starbucks coffee.
- Coffee is most effective if consumed between 9:30 am and 11:30 am.
- The world consumes close to 2.25 billion cups of coffee every day.
- In Korea and Japan, there is a Cat Cafe where you can go to drink coffee and hang out with cats for hours.
- The first webcam was created in Cambridge to check the status of a coffee pot.
- Coffee beans aren't beans. They are fruit pits.
- Instant Coffee was invented by a man called George Washington around 1910.
- Coffee doesn't taste like it smells because saliva wipes out half of the flavor.
- Drinking a cup of caffeinated coffee significantly improves blood flow.
- There's a Coffee Shop in France where not saying "hello" and "please" makes your coffee more expensive.
- New Yorkers drink almost 7 times more coffee than other cities in the US.
- One of the world's most expensive coffee brands is made from the dung of Thai elephants.
- of the Americans drink coffee every day.
- If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough energy to heat one cup of coffee.
- In the beginning, Starbucks only sold roasted whole coffee beans.
- The word "coffee" comes from the Arabic for "wine of the bean".
- The Netherlands is the world's largest per capita consumer of coffee, averaging 2.4 cups of coffee per person per day.
- Without its smell, coffee would have only a sour or bitter taste due to the organic acids. Try it: hold your nose as you take a sip.
- To study the health effects of coffee, King Gustav III of Sweden commuted the death sentences of a pair of twins on the condition that one drank 3 pots of coffee and the other tea for the rest of their lives.
- The name "Cappuccino" comes from the resemblance of the drink to the clothing of the Capuchin monks.
- Americans spend an average of US$1,092 on coffee each year.
- Drinking caffeine in the evening delays our brain's release of melatonin and interrupts our circadian rhythm by as much as 40 minutes.
- If you take caffeine and mix it with sperm in a test tube, it makes the sperm swim better.
- When men drink coffee, Caffeine goes to the semen just like it goes to the blood.
- It has been estimated it would take 70 cups of coffee to kill a 154-pound (70 kg) person.
- Contrary to popular belief,
- Coffee does not
- dehydrate you,
- studies have found.
- Brazil has been the largest producer of coffee for the last 150 years.
- 50% of the caffeine you've consumed may be cleared from your body within 5 hours, but it will take over a day to fully eliminate it from your system.
- Hamburg, Germany, has banned coffee pods from government-run buildings in 2016 because they create unnecessary waste and contain aluminum.
- Two cups of coffee a day were found to reduce the risk of alcohol-related cirrhosis by 43%.
- 20% of office coffee mugs contain fecal bacteria.
- It takes about 37 gallons (140 liters) of water to grow the coffee beans and process them to make one cup of coffee.
spends more money
on health insurance
for its employees
than on coffee beans.