- Coffee is the world's second most valuable traded commodity, only behind petroleum.
- Energy drinks still don't have as much caffeine as a Starbucks coffee.
- Coffee is most effective if consumed between 9:30 am and 11:30 am.
- The first webcam was created in Cambridge to check the status of a coffee pot.
- Coffee beans aren't beans. They are fruit pits.
- Coffee doesn't taste like it smells because saliva wipes out half of the flavor.
- of the Americans drink coffee every day.
- If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough energy to heat one cup of coffee.
- In the beginning, Starbucks only sold roasted whole coffee beans.
- The word "coffee" comes from the Arabic for "wine of the bean".
- The Netherlands is the world's largest per capita consumer of coffee, averaging 2.4 cups of coffee per person per day.
- Without its smell, coffee would have only a sour or bitter taste due to the organic acids. Try it: hold your nose as you take a sip.
- The name "Cappuccino" comes from the resemblance of the drink to the clothing of the Capuchin monks.
- Americans spend an average of US$1,092 on coffee each year.
- Drinking caffeine in the evening delays our brain's release of melatonin and interrupts our circadian rhythm by as much as 40 minutes.
- has opened
- 2 stores per day
- since 1987.
- It has been estimated it would take 70 cups of coffee to kill a 154-pound (70 kg) person.
- Contrary to popular belief,
- Coffee does not
- dehydrate you,
- studies have found.
- 87,000 different
- drink combinations.
- If you take caffeine and mix it with sperm in a test tube, it makes the sperm swim better.
- Espresso has more caffeine per unit volume than most coffee beverages, but because the usual serving size is much smaller, the total caffeine content is less than a mug of standard brewed coffee.
- Too much coffee and stress can produce higher levels of hallucination.