- Energy drinks still don't have as much caffeine as a Starbucks coffee.
- Coffee is the world's second most valuable traded commodity, only behind petroleum.
- Coffee is most effective if consumed between 9:30 am and 11:30 am.
- The world consumes close to 2.25 billion cups of coffee every day.
- In Korea and Japan, there is a Cat Cafe where you can go to drink coffee and hang out with cats for hours.
- The first webcam was created in Cambridge to check the status of a coffee pot.
- Coffee beans aren't beans. They are fruit pits.
- Instant Coffee was invented by a man called George Washington around 1910.
- Coffee doesn't taste like it smells because saliva wipes out half of the flavor.
- Drinking a cup of caffeinated coffee significantly improves blood flow.
- There's a Coffee Shop in France where not saying "hello" and "please" makes your coffee more expensive.
- New Yorkers drink almost 7 times more coffee than other cities in the US.
- One of the world's most expensive coffee brands is made from the dung of Thai elephants.
- of the Americans drink coffee every day.
- If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough energy to heat one cup of coffee.
- In the beginning, Starbucks only sold roasted whole coffee beans.
- The word "coffee" comes from the Arabic for "wine of the bean".
- The Netherlands is the world's largest per capita consumer of coffee, averaging 2.4 cups of coffee per person per day.
- Without its smell, coffee would have only a sour or bitter taste due to the organic acids. Try it: hold your nose as you take a sip.
- To study the health effects of coffee, King Gustav III of Sweden commuted the death sentences of a pair of twins on the condition that one drank 3 pots of coffee and the other tea for the rest of their lives.
- The name "Cappuccino" comes from the resemblance of the drink to the clothing of the Capuchin monks.
- Americans spend an average of US$1,092 on coffee each year.
- Drinking caffeine in the evening delays our brain's release of melatonin and interrupts our circadian rhythm by as much as 40 minutes.
- If you take caffeine and mix it with sperm in a test tube, it makes the sperm swim better.
- When men drink coffee, Caffeine goes to the semen just like it goes to the blood.
- It has been estimated it would take 70 cups of coffee to kill a 154-pound (70 kg) person.
- Contrary to popular belief,
- Coffee does not
- dehydrate you,
- studies have found.
- Brazil has been the largest producer of coffee for the last 150 years.
- 50% of the caffeine you've consumed may be cleared from your body within 5 hours, but it will take over a day to fully eliminate it from your system.
- Hamburg, Germany, has banned coffee pods from government-run buildings in 2016 because they create unnecessary waste and contain aluminum.
- Two cups of coffee a day were found to reduce the risk of alcohol-related cirrhosis by 43%.
- 20% of office coffee mugs contain fecal bacteria.
- It takes about 37 gallons (140 liters) of water to grow the coffee beans and process them to make one cup of coffee.
- Coffee has been found to reverse liver damage caused by alcohol.
- Drinking 2 to 4 cups of coffee daily has been found to drop the risk of suicide by 50% compared to non-coffee drinkers.
spends more money
on health insurance
for its employees
than on coffee beans.