- 90% of all the rice in the world is consumed in Asia.
- About 50% of Asians have trouble metabolizing alcohol due to a missing liver enzyme needed to process it.
- The richest man in Asia, Sir Ka-shing Li, dropped out of school at the age of 15.
- Christianity began as a Second Temple Judaic sect in the mid-1st century in Judea. It quickly spread to Europe, Mesopotamia, Asia and by the 4th century had become the official state church of the Roman Empire.
- Firefighters in Dubai use jetpacks to tackle blazes in high-rise buildings.
- In 1912, as a young man, former president of Vietnam Ho Chi Minh worked as the cook's helper on a ship bound for the U.S.