- Albert Einstein considered himself an agnostic, not an atheist.
- Einstein's great breakthroughs came from visual experiments performed in his head rather than the lab.
- Einstein was a
slow learner as a child and spoke very slowly.
- The pathologist who made Einstein body's autopsy stole his brain and kept it in a jar for 20 years.
- Nobel Prize money
- went to his ex-wife
- as a divorce settlement.
- Einstein was offered
the presidency of Israel
- which he politely declined.
- Einstein Failed his University Entrance Exam and had to reapply a year later.
- Einstein never received a Nobel prize for relativity.
- it was actually for the photoelectric effect.
- Einstein was famous
for having a bad memory.
- He could not remember names,
dates and phone numbers.
- Austrian physicist Friedrich Hasenohrl published the basic equation E = mc2 a year before Einstein did.
- Albert Einstein's eyes remain in a safe box in NYC.
- Yoda, from Star Wars, was modeled after the appearance of Albert Einstein.
- Albert Einstein had no car of his own and he also never learned how to drive.
- Albert Einstein didn't like to wear socks.
- Albert Einstein's brain had a parietal lobe that was 15% larger than the average brain.
- Galileo Galilei was Albert Einstein's favorite scientist.
- Albert Einstein denounced segregation, calling it a "disease of white people" and worked against racism in America.
- Hours before his death, Einstein was still
- attempting to prove his Theory of Everything.
- In 1930, Albert Einstein patented a fridge. It was not a commercial success.
- The Nazis placed a US$5,000 bounty on Einstein's head.
- Albert Einstein was among the 5,000+ people who signed a petition to overturn Germany's ban on Homosexuality.
- Some American officials, like FBI director J. Edgar Hoover, thought Albert Einstein was a soviet spy.
- Albert Einstein cheated on his wife, belittled her scientific achievements, and refused to help out around the house and made her sign a contract in which she would agree to leave the room or stop talking if he told her to.