- The theory that the Sun is the center around which the planets orbit was first proposed by the ancient Greek Aristarchus of Samos in the 3rd century BC.
- The Sun does not have a definite boundary, and in its outer parts, its density decreases exponentially with increasing distance from its center.
- Every day, plants convert sunlight into energy equivalent to six times the entire power consumption of human civilization.
- The sun is the most perfectly round natural object known in the universe.
- Isaac Newton developed a sunlight phobia from staring at the sun.
- The core of the Sun has a temperature of about 15,000,000 ° C (27,000,000° F).
- In 1666, Isaac Newton observed the Sun's light using a prism, and showed it is made up of light of many colors.
- Partial solar eclipses are hazardous to view because the eye's pupil is not adapted to the unusually high visual contrast.
- Looking at the Sun Can Trigger a Sneeze in 10 to 35% of people.
- The sun's surface is blisteringly hot at 10,340℉. while its atmosphere is another 300 times hotter.