- The Guarani language, one of the official languages of Paraguay along with Spanish, is one of the most-widely spoken indigenous languages of the Americas and the only one whose speakers include a large proportion of non-indigenous people.
- Over 300 people died in a supermarket fire in Paraguay because the owners shut the doors so people wouldn't leave without paying.
- In 2008, a Catholic Bishop resigned to become Paraguay's President. He was later found to be the father of at least two children.
- The longest hot dog ever was made in Paraguay and had 668 ft (203 m).
- A couple from Paraguay moved in together in 1933. After 80 years, 8 children and 50 grandchildren, the 103-year-old man married his 99-year-old bride.
- In 2001, Paraguay's president was found to own a stolen car.
- For the Pope's visit to Paraguay in 2015, an altar was built using 32,000 ears of corn, 200,000 coconuts and 1,000 pumpkins.