- The Netherlands has more bicycles than people, 1.3 per person.
- "Holland" is a province, South and North, in The Netherlands, not the name of the whole country.
- The Queen of the Netherlands is Argentinian.
- The Netherlands close eight prisons in 2013 due to lack of criminals.
- All Dutch electric trains are powered by wind energy, serving 600,000 passengers daily.
- Prostitutes in the Netherlands pay taxes.
- The extraordinary Bourtange star fort in the Netherlands was constructed in 1593 during the time of the Eighty Years' War. It later became a village and now a Museum.
- In 2007, there was a reality show on Dutch television were patients competed for a dying woman's kidney.
- Louis Bonaparte, Napoleon's brother, was known as and is still called the "King of Rabbits" because he mispronounced the Dutch phrase "I am your king" and instead said "I am your rabbit" when he took over the Netherlands in 1806.
- 32% of journeys in Amsterdam are by bicycle, while in Copenhagen it's 35%.