- 27,000 trees are felled each day for toilet paper.
- 95% of all data in the world is still stored on paper. Most of it is never looked at again.
- Recycling a single plastic bottle can conserve enough energy to light a 60W bulb for up to 6 hours.
- Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to listen to a full album on your iPod.
- Recycling one ton of plastic can save up to 2,000 gallons of gasoline.
- Starting 2015, all New York residents must recycle their old electronics like PCs and TVs, or face a US$100 fine.
- Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to run a TV for 2 hours.
- Recycling one ton of paper saves 17 trees.
- Recycling aluminium saves 95% of the energy cost of processing new aluminium.
- Liposuctioned human fat can be recycled as fuel.
- Recycling can take an aluminum can back on a grocery store shelf within 60 days.
- of plastic bags in the U.S. are not recycled.