- The highest race horse speed ever recorded was 43.97 mph (70.76 km/h).
- The smallest horse in the world is just 17 inches (43 cm) tall and weighs 57 lb (26 kg).
- The Roman Emperor Gaius Caligula made his horse a senator.
- An individual horse has a peak power output of 14.9 horsepower.
- The practice of eating horseflesh is called hippophagy.
- The Horse Head used in the movie "The Godfather" was real.
- Horses cannot throw up.
- McDonald's drive-thru staff won't serve people if they come on horseback.
- The modern British army has more horses than tanks.
- A horse's hoof is technically a single toe, so horses run on their toes.
- Riding a horse while intoxicated is considered a traffic offense in Colorado, U.S.
- The horses in Olympic equestrian events have their own passports and fly business class.
- Horses can be trained to use symbols in order to tell humans what they want, a study found.
- Horse-eating is called Hippophagy.