- People who regularly eat dinner or breakfast in restaurants double their risk of becoming obese.
- Laughing 100 times is equivalent to 15 minutes of exercise on a stationary bicycle.
- 1 Can of Soda a day increases your chances of getting type 2 diabetes by 22%.
- A Father's Diet Before Conception Plays a Crucial Role in a Child's Health.
- Chicken contains 266% more fat than it did 40 years ago.
- On average, people who complain live longer. Releasing the tension increases immunity and boosts their health.
- 60% of people needing mental health services in the U.S. don't get it, often because of the stigma of seeking help.
- The U.S. spends US$30 per American per year of foreign aid on health, which can buy enough measles vaccines for 120 children.
- Americans consume 12.5 teaspoons more sugar each day
- In terms of your health —not how you look or smell— you only really have to shower once or twice a week.
- 8.5% of adults worldwide currently have diabetes. That's almost twice as much as it was in 1980.
- A scientist cracked his knuckles on one hand for over 50 years to prove it did not cause Arthritis.
- Eating too much meat can accelerate your body's biological age.
- People who read books live an average of almost 2 years longer than those who do not read at all, a Yale research found.
- Road traffic accidents kill more people around the world than malaria.
- You can burn 20% more fat by exercising in the morning on an empty stomach.
- In an isolated village in the Dominican Republic, about 1 in 50 children are born appearing to be girls but grow male genitalia during puberty.
- Measles was officially eliminated in the Americas, the first region in the world to do it.
- Breathing 100% oxygen, instead of the 21% in our atmosphere, is generally bad, and sometimes toxic.
- "Rhinorrhea" is the medical condition otherwise known as a "runny nose."
- Doctors make a correct diagnosis more than twice as often as 23 commonly used symptom-checker apps, a 2016 study found.
- You can tweak your metabolic health by turning down the bedroom thermostat a few degrees.
- 80% of people living in rural areas in developing countries rely on traditional plant-based medicines for basic healthcare.
- Six-pack abs indicate nothing about your strength, your flexibility, your stamina, your speed, or your overall level of health.
- Ancient Greeks investigated animal structure and described the difference between arteries and veins around 500 BCE.
- A study found that right-handed individuals have better oral hygiene and the lower incidence of caries because of their better manual dexterity and brush efficiency.
- 75% of people will suffer from hemorrhoids at some point in their lives.
- 1 in 5 American CEOs have clinically significant psychopathic traits.
- Worldwide, people consume 500 extra calories a day from sugar, which is roughly the amount of calories needed to gain a pound a week.
- The first commercial suppositories were coated in cocoa butter.