- A lack of exercise is now causing as many deaths as smoking across the world, a study suggests.
- People who regularly eat dinner or breakfast in restaurants double their risk of becoming obese.
- Farting helps reduce high blood pressure and is good for your health.
- Laughing 100 times is equivalent to 15 minutes of exercise on a stationary bicycle.
- Sitting for more than three hours a day can cut two years off a person's life expectancy.
- Over 30% of cancer could be prevented by avoiding tobacco and alcohol, having a healthy diet and physical activity.
- Sleeping less than 7 hours each night reduces your life expectancy.
- 1 Can of Soda a day increases your chances of getting type 2 diabetes by 22%.
- There are more skin cancer cases due to indoor tanning than lung cancer cases due to smoking.
- McDonalds' Caesar salad is more fattening than their hamburger.
- Exercise, like walking, can reduce breast cancer risk by 25%.
- A Father's Diet Before Conception Plays a Crucial Role in a Child's Health.
- Severe Depression can cause us to biologically age more by increasing the aging process in cells.
- Chicken contains 266% more fat than it did 40 years ago.
- Heavy marijuana smokers are at risk for some of the same health effects as cigarette smokers, like bronchitis and other respiratory illnesses.
- Constipation-related health-care costs total US$6.9 billion per year in the U.S.
- On average, people who complain live longer. Releasing the tension increases immunity and boosts their health.
- 60% of people needing mental health services in the U.S. don't get it, often because of the stigma of seeking help.
- The U.S. spends US$30 per American per year of foreign aid on health, which can buy enough measles vaccines for 120 children.
- The U.S. spends more money per person on healthcare than any other developed country, yet its life expectancy is below average.
- To study the health effects of coffee, King Gustav III of Sweden commuted the death sentences of a pair of twins on the condition that one drank 3 pots of coffee and the other tea for the rest of their lives.
- A half hour of physical activity 6 days a week is linked to 40% lower risk of early death.
- Bill Gates' Foundation spends more on global health each year than the World Health Organization of the United Nations.
- 1 out of every 4 dollars employers pay for healthcare in the U.S. is tied to unhealthy lifestyle choices or conditions like smoking, stress, or obesity.
- Americans consume 12.5 teaspoons more sugar each day
- than the American Heart Association recommends.
- In terms of your health —not how you look or smell— you only really have to shower once or twice a week.
- 8.5% of adults worldwide currently have diabetes. That's almost twice as much as it was in 1980.
Every cigarette you
smoke reduces your
expected life span
by 11 minutes.