- Every day, your heart creates enough energy to drive a truck for 20 miles (32 km).
- Your heart can keep beating even if it is separated from the body because it has its own electrical impulse.
- Having an orgasm at
least 3 times a week
- Owning a cat can reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes by more than a third, researchers found.
- Your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart.
- The human heart is not on the left-hand side of the body; it's in the middle.
- One-third of first heart attacks are fatal, and another third result in permanent damage to the heart.
- "Stayin' Alive" has the optimum tempo for performing CPR on someone who has just suffered a heart attack.
- People who work 11 hours or more a day are 67% more likely to have a heart attack than those with an 8-hour work day, according to a study.
- The inventor of the heart stent approached numerous companies for funding and was rejected. It was funded by the owner of Fuddrucker's restaurant, whom he met by chance on a golf course.
- People who work 11 hours or more a day are 67% more likely to have a heart attack than people with an 8-hour work day, according to a study.