- Ounce by ounce, Nutritious food costs up to 10 times more than junk food.
- Chicken contains 266% more fat than it did 40 years ago.
- There is a food substitute intended to supply all daily nutritional needs, known as "Soylent".
- Coconut water can be used (in emergencies) as a substitute for blood plasma.
- Honey is the only food that will never rot, it can last 3000 years.
- Cheese is the most stolen food in the world.
- Scientists can turn peanut butter into diamonds.
- An average person in the U.S. eats 35 tons of food in a lifetime.
- Fortune cookies are not a traditional Chinese custom. They were invented in early 1900 in San Francisco.
- Dynamite is made with peanuts.
- There is no single food that provides all the nutrients that humans need, except for breast milk.
- Airplane food isn't very tasty because our sense of smell and taste decrease from 20 to 50 percent.
- Eskimos use refrigerators to stop their food from freezing.
- Eating fast food regularly has the same impact on the liver as hepatitis.
- In the U.S., Childhood Food Allergies Cost Nearly US$25 Billion Every Year.
- Even thinking about a favorite food triggered release of dopamine, a feel-good hormone also produced during sex and drug use.
- 49% of U.S. Adults eat one sandwich a day.
- The jars of Nutella sold in a year could cover The Great Wall of China 8 times.
- India has the world's lowest meat consumption per person.
- Octopuses are eaten alive in Korea.
- Almost 70 percent of the red meat eaten globally is goat meat.
- Casu marzu is a traditional Sardinian sheep milk cheese that contains live maggots inside.
- During the average meal, you eat over 90,000 miles of DNA.
- Since 2015, throwing away food is illegal in Seattle.
- Humans are killing 1,776 animals for food every second.
- 100 years ago, most Americans used to spend 43% of each day working just to get food. Now, it's just 7%.
- Norman Borlaug, an agricultural scientist, developed new strains of crops which yielded 4 times as much food . He is said to have saved the lives of over a billion people, making him one of the most influential men in human history.
- Microwaving food does not diminish the nutrients. When done right, it's actually one of the most nutritionally sound methods in food preparation.
- In 2012, divers discovered a 2,000-year-old Roman shipwreck that was so well preserved even the food was intact in its storage jars.
- In South India, people roll over food leftovers served to Brahmins in the belief that all troubles and ailments will be cured.
- California is the world's 5th largest supplier of food.
- On August 10, 2015, NASA astronauts ate food that had been grown in space for the first time.
- In the U.S., as much as 40% of produce grown is never sold or eaten because it is too ugly.
- The average American spends US$ 7,852 on food every year.
- Peanuts are not nuts.
They are legumes.
- Cashews are not nuts. They are drupes.
- High-frequency sounds enhance the sweetness in food, while low frequencies bring out the bitterness.
- People who eat spicy foods tend to live longer, according to a 2015 study.
- Alcohol consumed with food is absorbed more slowly, because it spends a longer time in the stomach.
- Death row inmates in Texas don't get to pick their last meal.
is thrown away
is thrown away