- A tiger's roar can be heard as far as 1.8 miles (3 km) away.
- There are more tigers privately owned by U.S. citizens than in the wild worldwide.
- The tiger's stripes are not only found on their fur, but also on their skin.
- The stripes on each tiger are unique, like human fingerprints.
- There are more Siberian tigers living in captivity than in their native habitat.
- Tigers were declared extinct in Cambodia in 2016.
- Less than 10% of tiger's hunts end successfully.
- Tigers wait until dark to hunt. Their night vision is six times better than that of humans.
- A dead adult male tiger can sell for US$10,000 or more on the black market .
- Tigers can eat up to 60 pounds (27 kilograms) of meat in one night.
- Between 1800 and 2009, tigers killed an estimated 373,000 humans.
- White tigers carry a gene that is only present in around 1 in every 10,000 tigers.
- Tiger cubs are vulnerable in their first few months, with mortality as high as 50%.