- It only takes 6 minutes for brain cells to react to alcohol.
- Alcohol kills one person every 10 seconds worldwide.
- Alcohol is not digested; it gets absorbed directly into the bloodstream.
- About one-third of designated drivers have at least one drink while carrying the title.
- of the world's population older than 15 claim to have never consumed alcohol.
- Alcohol doesn't make you forget anything. When you get blackout drunk, the brain temporarily loses the ability to create memories.
- Each Russian consumes 18 litres (4.8 US gal) of alcohol per year, doubling what experts consider dangerous.
- There are over
500,000 alcohol-related deaths in Russia each year.
- People with blue eyes have a higher alcohol tolerance.
- Over 30% of cancer could be prevented by avoiding tobacco and alcohol, having a healthy diet and physical activity.
- Beer was not considered an alcoholic beverage in Russia until 2013.
- The strongest beer in the world has a 67.5% alcohol content.
- In the U.K., it is legal for kids over 5 years old to drink alcohol at home or on other private premises.
- Amsterdam pays alcoholics in beer to clean streets: 5 cans of beer for a day's work, plus €10 and tobacco.
- The U.S. government poisoned alcohol during Prohibition in the 20s and 30s, killing over 10,000 people.
- Alcohol Poisoning Kills 6 Americans Every Day.
- In professional shooting, Alcohol is considered to be a performance-enhancing drug because it relaxes you and slows your heart rate enough to give you an edge.
- In late 19th-Century, millions of American children learned in school that just one taste of alcohol could lead to blindness, madness or even spontaneous combustion.
- The highest blood alcohol content ever recorded was .91%, more than twice the typical lethal limit and eleven times more than legally drunk.
- There's a cruise ship that runs between Stockholm, Sweden, and Helsinki, Finland, just to purchase cheap alcohol.
- Sigmund Freud recommended Cocaine as treatment for depression, alcoholism, and morphine addiction.
- Vladimir The Great, Prince of Kiev, considered converting to Christianity or Islam. He sent envoys to study both religions, but upon hearing that Islam forbade alcohol, he got baptized.
- Alcohol is prohibited in the UK Parliament with one exception: the chancellor can drink while delivering the annual budget statement.
- People drink more slowly when alcohol is served in straight-sided glasses than when it's served in glasses with curved sides, a research found.
- Many ancient Egyptian Pharaohs were overweight and unhealthy, in contrast to their typical depiction, due to a sugary diet of alcohol, bread and honey.
- 31% of rock star deaths are related to drugs or alcohol.
- During prohibition, the U.S. Congress had their own bootlegger so senators and congressmen could still drink alcohol.
- 1 in 5
- top 100 country songs
- will refer to
- Giving up Alcohol for just one month can improve liver function, decrease blood pressure and reduce the risk of liver disease and diabetes.
- Alexander the Great once held a drinking contest among his soldiers. When it was over, 42 people had died from alcohol poisoning.
- The top 10% of American alcohol consumers ingest about 10 drinks per day.
- The peak blood alcohol concentration level can be 3 times higher in people who drink with an empty stomach than in those who had a meal before drinking.
- As a rule of thumb, darker and bitter beers have higher alcohol content.
- About 50% of Asians have trouble metabolizing alcohol due to a missing liver enzyme needed to process it.
- 3.5% of cancer deaths worldwide are attributable to the consumption of alcohol. The World Health Organization has classified alcohol as a Group 1 carcinogen.
- The founder of Alcoholics Anonymous demanded alcohol during the last few days of his life.
- By cutting down on alcohol, keeping a healthy bodyweight, and exercising, you can reduce the risk of cancer by 30%.
- Alcohol consumed with food is absorbed more slowly, because it spends a longer time in the stomach.
- Comet Lovejoy released as much alcohol as the amount found in 500 bottles of wine every second during its peak activity.
- Coffee has been found to reverse liver damage caused by alcohol.
- Jose Cuervo is still produced on land granted to the family by the King of Spain in 1758. It was the first business to receive a license to produce tequila and is the oldest family run business in Mexico.
- 13 people died of alcohol poisoning in 1875 in Ireland when a brewery caught fire causing whiskey to flow through the streets.
In the Middle Ages
BEER was consumed
more than water
as the alcohol
made it safer.