- Up to 80% of an average car is recyclable.
- Nearly 10% of Americans have gone to work high on weed at least once.
- Many species of owls have special flight feathers adapted for silent flight.
- In 2012, a couple invited Queen Elizabeth II to their wedding as a joke, and she turned up.
- The song "Let It Snow!" was written during a heat wave in summer.
- Starting Jan 1, 2014, traditional 40 and 60 watt incandescent light bulbs will no longer be available in the U.S.
- The verb "unfriend" dates back to 1659. It existed even earlier as a noun, as far back as 1275.
- A pomegranate can hold up to 1,400 seeds.
- It's been over 30 years since we had a cooler-than-average month.
- One of Thomas Jefferson's inventions is a macaroni machine.
- In Dorset, Minnesota, a 3-year-old boy was elected as mayor .
- Signs that a circling shark will attack: it will hunch its back, lower its pectoral fins and swim in zigzag motions.
- Armadillos dream.
- Humans have caused 322 animal extinctions over the past 500 years.
- Sean Penn once tied Madonna to a chair and beat her. After 9 hours she escaped and made it to a police station.