- Kissing someone for one minute burns about 2 calories.
- Kissing someone is more sanitary
- than shaking hands, if you want to avoid a cold.
- Kissing can cause tooth decay.
- Instead of kissing, mothers of the Manchu tribe used to show affection by sucking their child's penis in public, because kissing was considered sexual.
- The longest kiss ever recorded lasted 58 hours, 35 minutes and 58 seconds.
- The scientific term
for French kissing
- is cataglottism.
- Two-thirds of people tilt their head to the right when they kiss.
- In Nevada, it is illegal to kiss with a mustache.
- The average age
- for a first kiss
- is 15.
- Fewer than half the world's cultures engage in romantic kissing, a study found.
- Kissing a baby on the ear can make it go deaf because of a condition known as "cochlear ear-kiss injury."
involves a total of
34 facial muscles
and 112 postural muscles.
- Inhabitants of the Trobriand Islands ‘kiss' in a three-step procedure, beginning with biting each other's lower lips, then pulling their partner's hair, before nibbling off each other's eyelashes.
- The Eskimo kiss –rubbing noses– is not a kiss. It's called a "kunik" and is an expression of affection, usually from an adult to its child. The Inuit kiss on the lips like everyone else.