- 1 out of 42 boys and 1 in 189 girls are diagnosed with autism in the U.S.
- Boys are nearly five times more likely
- than girls to have autism.
- The doctor who claimed a link between vaccines and autism, Andrew Wakefield, created fraudulent data for his paper and lost his medical license as a result.
- Over 20% of the U.S. population still believe that vaccines cause autism.
- The 'intense world theory of autism' suggests that autistic people shut down because they experience and feel too much.
- People with autism are less likely to catch yawns. The more severe their condition, the less common the behavior gets.
- Research shows that drama classes are particularly useful for improving the social skills of autistic children.