- Lack of oxygen in the brain for 5 to 10 minutes results in permanent brain damage.
- Your brain keeps developing until your late 40s.
- New Brain Connections Are Created Every Time You Form a Memory.
- There's a virus that attacks human DNA making people less intelligent, impairing brain activity, learning and memory.
- When awake, the human brain produces enough electricity to power a small light bulb.
- Violent homes have the same effect
- on children's brains as combat on soldiers.
- It's scientifically proven that even a small dose of POWER changes how a person's brain operates and diminishes empathy.
- You have Taste receptors
- in the stomach, intestines,
- pancreas, lungs, anus,
- testicles and the brain.
- The human brain has the same consistency as tofu.
- The brain releases so much
dopamine during orgasms
- that a brain scan resembles
that of someone on heroin.
- Forgetting is good for the brain: deleting unnecessary information helps the nervous system retain its plasticity.
- Alcohol doesn't make you forget anything. When you get blackout drunk, the brain temporarily loses the ability to create memories.
- is the scientific term for brain freeze.
- There is no Left Brain/Right Brain Divide. It's a myth. They work together.
- Long-term mobile phone use significantly increases the risk of brain tumours, a study found.
- The brain treats rejection like physical pain, according to scientists.
- When you learn something new, the structure of your brain changes.
- Male brains, on average, have a total volume that is between 8% and 13% larger than that of females.
- By 2023, the average US$1,000 laptop will be just as fast as the human brain, according to Ray Kurzweil.
- Due to the new discovery of many brain parasites, scientist now think a Zombie Apocalypse is actually possible.
- The feeling of Certainty can be triggered without the need for facts or reasoning, using electric stimulation over a specific part of the brain.
- In 2015, the 4th most powerful supercomputer in the world took 40 minutes to simulate just one second of human brain activity.
- At rest, your brain uses one-fifth of a calorie per minute.
- You have about 70,000 thoughts a day.
- Half our brains can be removed by surgery with no apparent effect on personality or memory.
- There is no such thing as a "male brain" or a "female brain," all have an unpredictable mishmash of malelike and femalelike features.
- The human brain named itself.
- Brain age decreases by 0.95 years for each year of education, and by 0.58 years for every daily flight of stairs climbed, a study found.
- We can't remember much of our first few years because the hippocampus wasn't developed enough to build a rich memory of an event.
- Human brains are 10% smaller than they were 20,000 years ago.
- Humans spend 13% of their lives not focusing on anything in particular.
- It takes about 0.2 seconds for your brain to understand the light that reaches your eye.
- Breastfeeding actually changes the way a mother's brain works, making her more attuned to the child's crying.
- People plotting revenge experience heightened activity in the brain's reward center, according to a 2004 study in the journal Science.
- Our brain's cognitive decline starts at age 24, according to a study.