- 51% of people surveyed in the U.S. say Abortion should be legal in all or most cases.
- Between 100,000 and 500,000 abortions per year continue to be performed in India solely because the fetus is female.
- Frank Sinatra's mother ran an illegal abortion business from her home.
- The mortality rate for abortions in the U.S. is 0.67 per 100,000 procedures. For colonoscopies is about 20 per 100,000 procedures.
- of minors having an abortion report that neither of their parents knew about the abortion.
- Worldwide, around one quarter of pregnancies end in abortion. Nearly half are illegal.
- Abortion is legal
- in Tunisia,
- an Arab country,
- since 1973.