- A human baby has over 60 more bones than an adult.
- From birth to toilet training, a baby goes through an average of 8000 diaper changes.
- Newborn babies can only see in black and white for a few months.
- Breastfeeding a baby may reduce by 22% a woman's risk of developing Alzheimer's disease, a study says.
- As late as 1985, doctors believed babies didn't feel pain and conducted surgeries with no anesthesia.
- Babies have three times as many taste buds as adults.
- Premature babies are more likely to be left-handed, many studies suggest.
- A baby was born in 2005 with a conjoined head that had no body. The head could blink and smile.
- Babies are born with self-awareness which allows them to differentiate their bodies from other people's.
- Baby cages hanging out the window were used in America in the 1920s.
- Between 1838 and 1960, more than half the photos taken were of babies.
- 1 in 5,000 babies is born without an anus opening.
- A baby is born on its predicted due date just 4% of the time.
- of South Korean families use professionals to find a name for their babies.
- In Japan, there's a 'Crying Sumo' contest, where wrestlers compete to see who can make a baby bawl first.
- The birth rate for twins has increased 76% since 1980.
- Noah and Emma were the most popular names in the U.S. for boys and girls respectively in 2014.
- Two and a half times more Barbies are sold every year than babies are born in the U.S.
- Babies remain calm twice as long when listening to a song as they do when listening to speech, according to a study.
- About 5% of babies of both sexes can lactate.
- Kissing a baby on the ear can make it go deaf because of a condition known as "cochlear ear-kiss injury."
- At birth, a baby's eye is about 75% of the size of an adult eye.
- Breast-fed babies poop more than bottle-fed babies because breast milk is a laxative.
- Babies cannot recognise themselves in a mirror until they are at least 18 months old.
- 255 people are born every minute.
- Breastfeeding actually changes the way a mother's brain works, making her more attuned to the child's crying.
- Babies who are not crawling by the time they reach nine months are more likely to suffer from learning and behavioural problems.